Notices

Have No Clue As to What To Do/// LOL

Old 07-12-2005, 07:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Have No Clue As to What To Do/// LOL

Has anyone here ever moved sober and clean LOL, well I have never done this and I forgot how much work it does take to move. I am going nuts, LOL even though I think I have been there for awhile. I am not sure how to do the doctor thing to transfer my records cause I have not moved for over 20 years, not sure what to keep and what to discard, I do have a good idea though. I think that my house might be sold, I am not sure how to get rid of the things that I have cause I know that I am just making one trip and I am only using my Pickup and flat bed trailer. I have to pack, find a place there so I can have an address so I can get my mail forwarded, I think I can do that over the internet but I was told never to give out that info over the internet. Yes I am confussed LOL but I am doing great if that makes any sense. I have a friend that is going to come over and help me take some stuff down to the auction to get that started, yet there is so much to do, I probably need to sit down and make a list. Help
Old 07-12-2005, 07:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Where did you decide to go, lucky?

I was an ass, and did none of the above things, just totally started over, which I do not reccommend...guess that's why you asked for someone who moved when they were clean and sober, eh?

Keep us posted!
Old 07-12-2005, 08:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Well it seems like you are the only one who wants to know or help me here so I suppose that I will let you in on it but I will do it in a PM cause I want it to be a secret LMAOH.
Old 07-12-2005, 09:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
No expectations!

((((Vic)))),
I have never moved out-of-town clean and sober. I just wanted to let you know I was thinking of you!

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 07-12-2005, 09:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Red Bull might help, it gives you wings so you can fly all your stuff to the new house. Haha seriously though red bull really does give you energy. Hmm just try make it as least stressful as possible. I dunno what to tell you. I've never moved sober plus clean within my memory.
Old 07-13-2005, 06:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Yeah neither have I but I am on my way soon, yesterday I got my flat bed trailer ready to go and legal LMAO, that is the first and I am calling some auctioneers again today, I have checked out afew places in Detroit which so far looks pretty good, but I have checked out some places in Austin TX also, so I am not sure yet. I have a book in our home group for a list of meetings so I am going to copy that before I leave and make sure that I copy afew states along the way just in case that I need a meeting. But yeah as far as going sober, never have done this but I know that it can be done, and I will have a pretty good chance I believe. I am focusing on today right now I have a lot to get done here today, don't think I will be around SR for long then I have to get internet service ASAP when I get where I am going, wow relax and take it easy, who has time for that, easy does it but do it. That is what is going threw my head right now. Plus I have so much trash I will have to take a few loads to the dump. Well here we go just part of my journey.
Old 07-13-2005, 07:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

heh heh heh perfect !!! while you are at the dump I can sneak in and grab your Dell !! :outtahere <- with the Dell
Old 07-13-2005, 07:17 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
To Life!

LOL! Vic!!!
To move your medical records, you have to tell the doctor where you are going, and what doctor you will be seeing. Soooo, Call the doc you have now, and let him know you are in the process of moving. S/he will have you sign a release. When you get to where you're going, get a new doctor and call the old one to send them along. SImple, no?
Get rid of as much as you can. Auction, yard sale, trash. Decide on what you absolutely need and take only that. Don't be overly sentimental; this is the time to purge. (But, bring some things you cant bear to part with too. You are moving, not dying!)
Bring only the clothing that you will need in your new location. Keep any medications or things you need during your journey in a seperate case, that you keep in easy access.
Let us know how it's going....
Shalom!
Old 07-13-2005, 08:25 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
No expectations!

We'll miss you, Vic!! Hurry back!! My vote is for Austin. I hear that's a very cool place to live.

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 07-13-2005, 08:47 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Dreamlike...Now

Vic,
I did everything they tell u not to do under one year sober. I left my marriage, moved, started a new career, and thank GOD stayed sober. I am not recommending that anyone go out and do what I did. I went to tons of meetings, stuck close by my sponsor, called other addicts, prayed, meditated. People in the program helped me so much! They used the oppurtunity to help me move as service work. Don't be afraid to ask people in your home group, friends, family for help. Some might say no, but most will say YES.
My sponsor told me not to try and do too much in one day. I packed one room at a time....take it easy. You can do this.....you can stay sober. KEEP reaching out for help! Asking for help keeps us humble...humility=serenity....for me anyway.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:22 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Chy

Well good luck, if you think it is what you need to do go for it so long as it's for the right reasons. Moving is such a drag, but you'll get it done as you seem happy and determined. with your decision. Happy moving!
Old 07-13-2005, 12:22 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

ok here is the deal the auctioneer just came by and the action day is Aug 4 I think or the 5th, the 5th lands on a friday so I am going to wait until after I chair the meeting here on Saturday before I leave and that way I will have on more meeting under my belt before I hit the road I should be able to have internet hooked up and running as soon as I get there I hope where ever there is LMAO I am still not sure about that. They said I should get around 5000 for what I have LMAO I call it junk they say antiique LOL oh well here we go
Old 07-13-2005, 12:26 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I wishing the best for you in the move.
Lots to do but you will be ok thru
everything.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:33 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Originally Posted by luckyv2
I call it junk they say antiique
Or you could call it "junque." LOL. How much for this junkie's junque? LOL.

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 07-14-2005, 12:31 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

LMAO that was good I don't know how much they are saying that it is worth a little bit, well here it is 2:30 and I really can't sleep looks like I will be up for awhile life on lifes terms yulk.
Old 07-14-2005, 06:29 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Thanks, Vic! Hope you finally got some sleep last night!!

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 07-14-2005, 07:42 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
To Life!

So what's up now, Vic??
How's the packing going?
Shalom!