Notices

I don't Ask For Opinions Much But I Need Imput Right Now

Old 07-11-2005, 07:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

I don't Ask For Opinions Much But I Need Imput Right Now

Hey SR I have not posted here much lately, have had a lot of things going on since my recovery from that deep depression that I was in about 10 days ago or so, but I need advice and I have come to believe in this recovery here. You here a lot of things in AA and NA, don't get involved for a year, don't make any big decissions, don't move for a year, and so on and so on. Well I am thinking that I might want to move either to PA, TX, FL, MI, OR CA. I don't know where yet but I think that it would be best for me to move. I have talked with my on-line sponser and my sponsor here and they both seem to agree that it might be best to move. I am still clean and sober thank god, Right now I have 102 days 1 hour, 12 min, 50 sec as of right now.

Now I am really scared of this, I know that it is fear= false evidence appearing real but I do have fear about this. I don't know anyone in these states except for FL and CA, but CA is probably my last resort cause I do owe an ammends there that might end my life LMAO I have not always gone down the right road. Then I have been checking with how much it will cost and I know that I have it really good here and I will not get that where ever I do go. I then have to make sure that I can have LUCKY also cause I have to keep him, he keeps me somewhat saine a lot of day. I just know that I think I need to move on and get a fresh start in my life.

Ok I want to thank all of you for your support and I would like to hear as much as I can from each of you on this. Thank you so much for everything especially in those days last week when I was koko for coco puffs. I know what was wrong with me and I now know that I don't have to let anyone control my thoughts or my actions today I am happy being me today. Help me thinik this through. Bye for now
Vic
Old 07-11-2005, 08:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Just mnake sure you keep your recovery your priority, and are willing to own all the consequences (both pleasant and less pleasant) of your decisions and you will do just fine.

Look in the Basic Text if you ever wonder about some of the "suggestions" you here.

If you can't find it in the text, it probably is someones "good idea" or came from a treatment program. Not to imply that these may not be great input, just that they might not have the genuine Narcotics Anonymous label on them.

The literature has never let me down.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey lucky,

Well, first off let me start by saying you can't run from your problems.

That being said - I did it, and ultimately, it worked.

Frustrated with my addiction, I decided to move somewhere that I didn't know anyone, (let alone anyone to buy dope off of), away from what i belived were my triggers.

I bought a bus ticket to FL (from Ontario!) and was on my way.

Now of course, being the addict that I am it didn't take me long to find a new hook-up, I also started drinking, which I never did before (BTW, it's rampant down here - something to do with the weather, maybe).

BUT, I finally (3 months ago) cleaned up. I don't think I could have done this at home. That place was tied to so much sadness and severe depression, I still can't even pass through the town...

I know that moving won't rid you of your addiction or depression(as it's INSIDE you), but sometimes a change of scenery can be refreshing, especially with respect to depression. But be prepared to spend alot of time alone, feeling like an outsider.

However, for me, that was better. The air is different here, the scenery is new, the wildlife, the temperature, everything is different. It's still just me, depressed, addicted me, but that's OK. I somehow felt trapped where I was before and I think that contibuted to my depression. Maybe i was running away from my problems, but the real problems stay with you - i just found I was better off dealing with them somewhere fresh...

My best to you lucky - may you find what you're looking for!

Much Love: SS
Old 07-11-2005, 08:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Body,Mind & Soul in that order

Vic,
I really feel a move may be the right thing for you, I personally can't wait until I move, I feel It will be a great opportunity for my family & myself to start fresh & leave the bad memories behind us.

I do realize that moving is not a cure-all, but like they say...new playground, new toys & new playmates.

All my Love,
Miss Blue
Old 07-11-2005, 09:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

I think it is about motives. If your motives are right, not just running from you addiction, you have a chance.

And then there are expectations. If you think you can stay clean just cause you moved someplace new without having to try, you will be in trouble. Know what I mean? Cause remember, wherever we go, there we are.

And congrats on your 102 days....awesome
Old 07-11-2005, 10:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
To Life!

Hey, Vic;
Why do you want to move? I think Paulie has a good point about motivation.
Also, will you begin to feel resentful since you think you won't have it as good elsewhere? That could lead to problems too.
Let us know what you decide, and know we all want the best for you, ok?
Shalom!
Old 07-11-2005, 12:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Anything is a possibility as long as Recovery is the hub of my wheel. FEAR= Fvck Everything And Run, good luck in what ever you choose. Today FEAR= Face Everything And Recover.
Old 07-11-2005, 02:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Thanks everyone I know that I am not running to hide I just want a fresh start or I think that I do but then again my thinker is broke my sponsors think that it would be good for me though. I don't know more imput please.
Old 07-11-2005, 03:27 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi vic, I moved twice my first year in recovery, and I relapsed. But that could have been because of my move and who I moved in with, not to mention the fact that I was not working my steps in the first year. As others here have said, as long as your recovery is your prime priority, I believe it is do-able.

We are all individuals and have to do our own journeys. I hope and pray that whatever choice you make is for the best for you.

Take care, and glad that you are feeling better.
Diana
Old 07-11-2005, 07:12 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Not crazy, just a lil unwell

I will tell you it is freaking EXPENSIVE to live in CA right now. Husband and I can barely afford to make ends meet, rentals and housing is at an all time ridiculous high, and gas prices in my area are the highest in the nation. Plus we're having so many earthquakes lately I swear we're just rocking and rolling right off the planet, but if I moved I'd just have to deal with some other natural disaster, so maybe just strike that thought. Lol.
Old 07-11-2005, 09:16 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Well SR I have decided that I am going to move and I pretty much have decided where I am going to move. I have talked with a few people here and I am already packing, I think that I might have sold my house, Lucky is going with me, I am getting ready to auction everything else except what I can haul on my pick-up and flat bed trailor, LOL I will have to get the lights fixed. But I think that it is all good cause the first thing that I did was make sure that I had a support group and that means I am headed in the right direction. So If I show up at a meeting that you might be at and they say are there any out of town visitors, do I introduce myself as a visitor LOL or say yeah my name is Vic and I just moved here from Nebraska. LOL I will be leaving no earlier than 3 weeks and no later than 8 weeks good luck to Lucky LOL he has never been bye bye this far.