Notices

I Need Some Suggestions, please

Old 07-08-2005, 09:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I Need Some Suggestions, please

Hi!
I am new here. My son was addicted to crank for a number of years. The problem he has is that he is always tired. He has been clean for 6 months and longer than that in the past but he has no energy. His Dr. prescribed Adderall for him and that helped some, but it is a stimulant and he needed to take 3 a day to really keep going all day. Of course, that is his addiction that makes him think he wants more, I know. But he can find no answers as to what he can take to give him the energy he needs to do anything. This has gone on for years and he use to take Sudafred or something to keep him " high" and has gone off that. He goes to meetings and really tries but he says his drug use for so long has had long term effects on his body. No doctor seems to be able to give him anything that works. He has built up such a tolerance for most meds....any suggestions. Thank you so much! Trying to live life one day at a time!
Old 07-08-2005, 09:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Vision of Hope

Coming off meth., Ambition is gone for a while to do most of anything. Being up for days on end when I used, and for months it took me before I got the energy I once had, hang in there. Not sure the doctor can do much but find a new chemical to add to the list. Sudafed would be something to stay away from, its the main ingrediant for meth.

Hope he hangs in there, have you tried Alanon or naranon? You can find help for you there.

Peace,
Todd J.
Old 07-08-2005, 10:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Not crazy, just a lil unwell

My suggestion would be to either go back to the original doctor if you like him and feel comfortable, or switch doctors and have a full blown physical with bloodwork and all. They might be missing something vitally wrong with him that could easily be fixed. Or, he could be suffering from depression which is sucking the energy right out of him. If you could get a list of symptoms that he experiences from day to day then take it to the doctor that would be really helpful. The more knowledge they have to treat the problem the better. Good luck!