Notices

I Need Some Advice?!?

Old 06-02-2005, 06:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I Need Some Advice?!?

I am statring a new job on saturday. i will be going back to working evenings again, which is what got me into trouble last time with pain meds. i am much stronger now due to the power of group and friends of group. my big question is that there are no NA meetings during the day around here only at nightime do they have them. i have only been clean about 100 days and i am hoping i can still do this. my heart is in the program but you know how us addicts are?!? i continue to keep in touch with recovering addicts every day either by phone or e-mail will this be enough? please gimme some advice friends

brian d. addict
Old 06-02-2005, 06:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Vision of Hope

You can always start a noon meeting to get a meeting. There might be some recovering addicts where you are that feel the same way.
Peace,
Todd J.
Old 06-02-2005, 06:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

I really don't like to give advice, but since you asked. It only takes two to have a meeting, on phone, f2f, online, what ever. So if you have msn messanger or ***** messanger, you have contacts, a one on one online works great I feel. I talk alot on msn to people on this site, and it really helps me alot. So you can start your own meeting also. I started one here a year ago, and it has turned into quite a deal. Its first day I let people know it was starting and we had 16 people. Today it is about the same maybe less but we are still self suppporting . If you ever need to talk feel free to email good luck and God Bless you keep reaching out
Old 06-02-2005, 07:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I'm an addict.

What up brian,

Dude I'm gonna give you the same suggestions that were given to me when a similar situation happened to me a little earlier in my recovery...I didn't like it, but I'm glad I followed it.

I work during the day in my home town which allows me to go to the night meetings everynight. When I had about 30 days clean, my boss's supervisor offered me a job. It was an awsome job offer, I'd have a company car, double my salary, get to travel all over the state. The negative side of it was that I wouldn't be around my support system here and I wouldn't be able to hit my meetings every night. I asked my sponsor about it and he suggested to me to not take the job b/c I was so new to recovery and I shouldn't make any life changeing decisions if possible. So I was pissed and tried to rationalize it and convince him, but he stuck to his guns. He asked me i I NEEDED to take this job at this present time and honestly I didn't need to, I just wanted to. My sponsor told me that if my HP wanted me to have that job it would be offered to me again. I had to put my recovery first.

Now I'm not sure about your personal situation, but if you have any other options besides working at night, I'd take them. You have about 100 days clean, so what you are doing is working, why shake the boat if you don't have too?

If you must take that particular job, starting a noon meeting is an excellent idea. It'll get you involved in some service and give yourself and maybe other people in the same situation you are in a place to meet.

Good luck dude,
-Blake