Notices

48 hrs w/out NORCO!!!!

Old 05-26-2005, 01:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Feeling Free!!!!

Smile 48 hrs w/out NORCO!!!!

Hi everyone, thanks again for your support, I just hit my 48hr mark! YIPPEE!!! What a sense of accomplishment, I know there is many more obstacles to over come but I do feel good that I have made it this far! I have never felt this serious about it, ever. So I hope and pray this is it for me!!! To all of you who are thinking about stopping those pills, DO IT, for all of you that have, great job! I never thought I'd get that far, and for some this might not seem like a big deal but it sure is to me!!! I even had to go to the drs today b/c I have bronchitis really bad, and.....I actually told my dr (who prescribes all the norco for me) that I just didn't want to live like this anymore, she was very happy for me, once I get thru this, we will find another way to control my pain, narcotic free! It was a big step to tell her, b/c that means she won't write me another script, which is great, but scarey too! Hang in there everyone and thanks for being there for me, I'll be back!
Old 05-26-2005, 01:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Greatful Sober Biker

Hi, Glad to here the good news have you come to an NA meeting yet? Keep up the good work.
Old 05-26-2005, 01:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Dreamlike...Now

That is awesome! Big high five!

Tanya
Old 05-26-2005, 02:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

48 hours is a long time without a pill. I am on Day 6 from the same stuff, and I'm feeling stronger and better about everything.

I wasn't sure my head would get straight, but slowly and surely it is. And I'll tell you, after six days, I don't ever want to go that first six days again. Never.

I'm feeling really inspired by the people in my local AA Club. Without them, I don't think I would have made it this far. And I know I'm not out of the danger zone yet, and maybe never will be, but I know I'm better than I was six days ago.
Old 05-26-2005, 02:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

That is awesome, Keep up the great work. Telling your dr was a huge step!!
Old 05-26-2005, 02:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Feeling Free!!!!

I found info on a local NA meeting.....what to expect??

It's me "again", I just did a search on local NA meetings and found that I have on somewhat near me on Monday, part of me is so excited and part of me is scared to death to walk in there alone....not really sure what to expect. I'm assuming I will find a room full of supportive people that are there for the same thing, to help themselves and others.....I have never made these steps before, I talked the talk, but never walked the walk....I am SOOOO happy and scared that I am moving forward in this, in the right direction for once! I just wish I had more support from my family ya know....my mom has been good, but my dad has no clue, my sister, she's in the same boat and she's the one who offered me more pills and I turned her down (thank God) I know I have "talked" about it before but was never this serious or have never gotten this far, maybe, just maybe things will work out for me and it'll be an inspiration to her. Right now I have to keep my distance from her b/c I think the temptation would be too great right now. My husband and I split up about 5 wks ago and my daughters and I live on our own now, that in itself is extremely stressful but he has been supportive....last night I stayed w/him when my girls went to my mothers so I didn't have to be alone. I really wonder how much this addiction has played a part in our marriage?!?!?!? When I was popping pills I "thought" I felt better, but I think I'm on the right road now to see how great life can really be if I just stick it out! Thanks again for listening....I am going to make plans for my mom to watch my girls on Monday night and go to my first NA meeting, I will keep you posted on how it goes. Reading other posts on here, it sounds like it's a great support group so I'm looking forward to it. I thank you all so much for helping me thru these difficult times, you have no idea how much it means to me and how much it is helping to know there IS support out there! Oh, by the way, I DON'T have any pills in my possession, I've tried that before, I've tried tappering down, and just could NOT do it....that's why I figured cold turkey is the only way for me at this point in my life! Thanks for being there!
Old 05-26-2005, 02:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Dreamlike...Now

Expect your life to change in ways you never dreamed! Mine has. There is life outside addiction and sick relationships and it friggin ROCKS.
Good For You!!!!
:hugehug

Is there a meeting before Monday you can make? Sometimes the weekends are difficult. But you have SR off course!!!
Old 05-26-2005, 02:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

Originally Posted by FaeryQueen
Expect your life to change in ways you never dreamed! Mine has. There is life outside addiction and sick relationships and it friggin ROCKS.
Good For You!!!!
:hugehug

Is there a meeting before Monday you can make? Sometimes the weekends are difficult. But you have SR off course!!!

Ditto to that!!!
Old 05-26-2005, 07:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Feeling Free!!!!

[B]You guys are the BEST! You have no idea how much your encouraging words are helping me! Just to know someone is out there it's so comforting to me!!! B/C of where I live there really isn't many meetings for NA around here, the closest one is almost 30 miles, then the next is about 50 miles which is on Wednesday. The mtg that is closest in time and miles is on Monday, do you think they will still have it b/c it's Memorial Day??? I SURE HOPE SO b/c I'm looking forward to it, I have my mom all lined up to keep my girls, they think I'm taking a "class". I don't want them to know about all of this, in fear their father would try to use it against me somehow. I was very open and honest about my addiction w/norco tonight w/a very close uncle of mine....he kinda figured it out but didn't want to say anything to upset me, but he is so supportive of me being clean and still loves me just as much!!! Is there anyway to chat online for support if I am having a bad time and I'm alone??? Just wondering....by the way it's now 54 hours, pill free!!!! Good luck again to all of you....
Old 05-26-2005, 07:33 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I think your doing great.
When you start remembering your dreams at night...
What a feeling...
And it doesn't take long.
Keep coming back.
Peace