Notices

OK, I've lost it.

Old 05-18-2005, 06:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

OK, I've lost it.

I think I've completely lost my mind.

I've reached a point in my day where I am so completely exhausted that I am feeling a bit 'punch drunk'.

Sh*t has been hitting the fan for a while now around here (and no, it is not being distributed evenly) and I have finally snapped. I am sitting here in a goofy, hee hee ha ha kind of mood. Like f*** it! If I can't beat 'em, join 'em!

My co-workers and I said we were going to throw a "Life blows" party. They can all sit around drinking and I can remember why I stopped. lol

Has anyone else around here been under so much stress that they reached a point where they just found themselves sitting and getting giddy?

This is bizarre!
Old 05-18-2005, 08:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

oh yeah.. ... like "pfffttttt... thats it. Done deal! I've expended it all and there ain't no more. As of now I am not responsible for anything anymore.. "

THen when the silly relief hits I remember that old song...

"THey are coming to take me away haha hoho heehee .. to the funny farm where life is beautful all the time...."
Old 05-18-2005, 08:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I've been there. Remember, you were one of the people who talked me down from it...I got the giddy thing just before things began to improve...even if they're still not perfect, they're at least a work in progress right now.

For me, I think it was either do the giddy thing, or just completely break down.

Love & Hugs,
Trisha
Old 05-18-2005, 08:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

(((((((Laurie)))))))
Old 05-18-2005, 09:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Laurie but your so cute when you get like that *HUG*

*LOL*
Old 05-19-2005, 12:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hiya Namommy,

Yes, I was sorta there a couple of days recently.
Getting almost no sleep will do that to you I guess.
But going to meetings (even with my giddieness, tiredness and resentment) seems to help that a little.
Today, after finally having a good nights of sleep, I feel a little bit better and a little bit more normal in my head.
I'll include you in my prayers and send happy thoughts

Nick.
Old 05-19-2005, 07:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

Oh yes....I have been there, a few more times than I would like to admit actually LOL.

But knowing you are there makes it okay I think. It is when you dont' know you are there that you can get into trouble go ahead and laugh, it has to get better, rigth?
If I was there I would laugh right along with you!!!!
Old 05-19-2005, 10:32 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Phew, I love it when I realize I am not the only nut in the basket. :andy: Thanks.

Still very physically exhausted, that is why I am staying on the computer and drinking coffee during my lunch break. If I chill out on the couch until I have to go back to work, I know I will crash and never get back. That would just compound my problems. So, Caffeine and Nicotine to the rescue.

And Gooch, Thanks! Now I can't get that song and the sound of Dr. Dimento's voice out of my head.
Old 05-19-2005, 11:16 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

THey are coming to take me away haha hoho heehee .. to the funny farm where life is beautful all the time...."

Yes!!!! I know what you mean, I usually get like that when it seems that everything is going exactly the way that it is NOT supposed to go. I just give up and laugh at it all. Is that bad?
Old 05-19-2005, 02:26 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
To Life!

Ohhhh, yea.....
Can I EVER relate!!!
Got hit today with four new things that HAD to be done TODAY = before 9AM!!! My so called "break" is first period of the day. Have to be there at 8 then wait until 9 to begin teaching, and work all day.
Anyway, one was a letter from a lawyer, concerning one of my students! Nope, not doing it! Another way a new computerized absentism system - that didn't work right of course! Another 5 page analysis of a SpEd student, and a new directive from the state dept of ed for a new "I PLAN" professional developments to keep our certification! Ya, I JUST finished two classes for recertification two days ago! HELLO??? Can anyone say "ENOUGH!!!"
Well, I did. And broke down CRYING!!! Right now, I just want to hide! Run away from the world. Heck, I can't even get a weekend before starting all over again?
Right now, I HATE my job!
All of this is new, on top of the already too much stuff to do!

So, I went to the garden shop after school. I bought new plants for my garden. Flowers and veggies. And I played in the dirt.
Cheap therapy, haha!

OK, sorry I vented in your thread, ((((Laurie))))
Let's just say I know that funny farm place!
Shalom, my friend!
Old 05-19-2005, 03:14 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

i do relate
and i think its kinda my pre acceptance mindset

[whats that abbreviated version of the serenity prayer?]
Old 05-19-2005, 03:35 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
To Life!

Help???
Old 05-19-2005, 04:46 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

LMAO
I come in here to get humbled Soon as I want to pi$$ an moan, someone has a lot more on their plate then I could ever imagine. I made a post a while back about this. Imagine if you will trading places with someone else!! Who would it be? God gives us no more then we can handle. Do you give it back to God?

Whatever is going on in your life, prioritize it. What needs to be done, make it the top on your list. You don't do the dishes one night how important is it? Do you gethelp from the hubby around the house? Do your coworkers work in a cohesive manner? There's no I in team work!!!!!

The old saying my gray haired mother always said, this to shall pass. Today, I don't want to take up anyone's cross. Would you really want to go back to what is was like? This is a new lease on life Everyday is a gift. I used to go pick up patients at a nursing home that wanted a meeting. That kept me humble. go to a recovery center every Firday nite. Is there someone there I want to trade with?

I give thanks everyday everyday for another chance to fight the good fight. No ones going to beat you. You got to beat your self. You're a winner, How many people would have driven to pick T2S up? That's giving of your self. Service work is the key!!!
The sun will come up tomorrow ,tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar the sun will shine.

Hugs
Old 05-19-2005, 05:03 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

A big hug from Mikey
Old 05-19-2005, 05:08 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

nice reply MIKE

hugs

btw, no slam intended on Laurie comin to get you
Old 05-19-2005, 05:16 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
>>>>>>> Huh ?<<<<<<<

Quite often.

It makes me nuts

Sometimes simple things can turn into utter chaos.

But being the good recovering drunk I am....I rationalize it all.

Yup.

I blame it on all those BILLIONS AND BILLIONS of brain cells I have destroyed.

Those half dozen or so remaining can only work so hard.....
Old 05-19-2005, 05:41 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

lol .. you still got half dozen or so functioing?

I'm envious! lol

Capn ' I'm really working hard to trust that God knows better than I do what to throw at me and the more I concentrate on ho.ding up my end.. having the faith that everyhting will turn out just fine as long as I don't resentment, anger, or fear in my head to distract me, the easier it seems to settle in and muddle along with a grin on my mug.

I just had one of those potentiallly dengerous distractions come along this week, but decided to wait and see efore i jumoed into the middle of something that would be sticky and hard to scrape off my shoes. A little patience paid off, and I waited for the truth of the matter to reveal itself. Turns out it was one of thise free lunches that we pay for with indigestion .. somebody else wound up with the acid reflux and was asking around for a Tums last night.

Wow that could have been me.

Laurie hang in there .. it doesn't get better .. WE do!
Old 05-19-2005, 07:55 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Lightbulb

Gooch amen on that!!! How many times, have we hurdled over mountains to be tripped up by mouse turds? A major obstacle we prepare for it. Take the hurricanes that hit Florida last year. I'm willing to bet, most people packed their $hit and hit the upper parts of Florida etc.

Minor setbacks that pile up cause a lot of relapses. A friend of mine told he got drunk over a broken shoe lace. OMG
That's why, we work the 11th step and the 12th step to keep us sane in an othwise insane world. Staying close to other addicits and alkies gives us support.

I cried because, I had no shoes until, I met a man with no feet!!!!
Old 05-20-2005, 05:15 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Well, I finally snapped last night and it felt good. My family was going nuts fighting while I was at work and I couldn't really talk to them over the phone. I didn't even want to come home from work. Well, when I did get home, I called a family meeting. I told them all this is not a group conscience (we do that here) this is time for mommy to let everyone know how they are making me feel. I told them I am tired of it all, and that I want some respect and some help, and the attitudes stopped here. Everyone was included, and I let them all have it. The important thing here is, I also owned MY part in this, I let them know that we are all at fault for some things, and I was owning mine, and they needed to own theirs before I lose it again.

After, I sat in the living room with 3 red faces with heads hanging down. Since then, so far, they are helping out. No more back talk and attitude.

I work a 14 hour day on Mon. and Thur. I come home, and the house is wrecked, no one cleans up after dinner, and most of the time I have to come home and help my youngest son with his homework. I shouldn't have to do this. I let them know. I have alot going on right now.

We are still dealing with the repercussions of my daughter getting caught in school with pot in Feb. Next week, the Juvenile Probation dept. is coming to my house to do a "home investigation" and I am nuts over it. It brings up too many feelings from when the county took my kids when I was using. I want this house perfect when they come. Was my kitchen cleaned last night? NO, but we now have a brand new mohagany 'rod-rack' on the front of the jeep for fishing on the weekends!! I lost it!!

Thanks for letting me vent, and I welcome anyone else who needs to do so to come along and vent away.
Old 05-20-2005, 07:48 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

You did good I think...making sure your kids saw you take your part in it also.

Family meetings never worked when I was a kid...there was always a room full of victims