Notices

Why do they name them so...

Old 04-22-2005, 12:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Why do they name them so...

I know why they have such nice names...advertising. It's sick and twisted but it's true. Crystal, Ice, Extacy..whatever.

I am an addict. Why the waving smilee?...I don't know.

I started with acid, back in the day...
Then smoked hash and bud...
did some 'shrooms...
tried Peyote and accidently PCP
Then the horrible diladid phase...one of us didn't make it.
Then I beat it, who am I kidding I got lucky.
Then other pharmaceauticals...and I missed some drugs too...
Then X-tacy.
Then raves and crystal.
The crystal that is locked in my mind right now...

Been clean almost a week, I really just want someone to say...
"just go to sleep, tommorrow's a new day".

They called me wonderboy before I started using any drugs. I wonder what would have happened if I never did.

This is therapy for me,
thanks for reading.

Question: What did you do that made you forget and really enjoy life, or when the sun goes down and it get's dark do you still think about it...Do you still miss the person you were when you were high?
I honestly miss being high right now. That is sad.

Time to sleep. Goodnight to the ones who understand...Goodnight.

PLUR to everyone.
I do find peace in one thing though...
Check out that website...www.theinterviewwithgod.com
Old 04-22-2005, 12:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Just go to sleep, wonderboy. Tomorrow is another day.

Turn off your tumbling thoughts, just for a minute or three. Rest your weary body, just for an hour or eight. Put down the guilt from your yesterdays and your fear of all of those tomorrows. Shhhhh.... it's ok. Just breathe in and out for awhile. Let go now and let yourself sleep. It's time to heal.

We'll be here when you wake up and, together, we can take a step or two forward.

g'nite, friend. sweet dreams.

--phinny
Old 04-22-2005, 04:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Learning to love me.

I hope you got some sleep WB. It is another day and so far you are doing Great!!
Old 04-22-2005, 06:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Putting it all together

Originally Posted by wonderboy75
I know why they have such nice names...advertising. It's sick and twisted but it's true. Crystal, Ice, Extacy..whatever.

I am an addict. Why the waving smilee?...I don't know.

I started with acid, back in the day...
Then smoked hash and bud...
did some 'shrooms...
tried Peyote and accidently PCP
Then the horrible diladid phase...one of us didn't make it.
Then I beat it, who am I kidding I got lucky.
Then other pharmaceauticals...and I missed some drugs too...
Then X-tacy.
Then raves and crystal.
The crystal that is locked in my mind right now...

Been clean almost a week, I really just want someone to say...
"just go to sleep, tommorrow's a new day".

They called me wonderboy before I started using any drugs. I wonder what would have happened if I never did.

This is therapy for me,
thanks for reading.

Question: What did you do that made you forget and really enjoy life, or when the sun goes down and it get's dark do you still think about it...Do you still miss the person you were when you were high?
I honestly miss being high right now. That is sad.

Time to sleep. Goodnight to the ones who understand...Goodnight.

PLUR to everyone.
I do find peace in one thing though...
Check out that website...www.theinterviewwithgod.com
Wonderboy-you asked what made me forget and realy enjoy life??? The fact that I did not DIE. I also was addicted to Dilaudid...lovely drug. I knew that if I did not quit, I would die. I used to go sit at this park by my house and watch children play, they are such innocent vivtims at times. I wondered what it would have been like IF I could have remembered one day of my childhood that was GOOD. I could not. It helped me to want to be a better person than my parents were. I also know that you can do it, you can recover, if you can kick Dilaudid, you can recover from anything. I have listened to Interview with God.....very moving. It says a lot. Go to a meeting, get a sponser. Do something that you have ALWAYS wants to do, you will feel powerful......I guarantee it.....I wish you PEACE and go to bed...our bodies need sleep....just close your eyes and think tomorrow is a new day...a new start........PEACE OUT.....Kahlia
Old 04-22-2005, 08:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

Do you still miss the person you were when you were high?
No I don't, not at all. that person had no self esteem, no peace, no relationship with God, saw no happiness in the birds singing or the clouds in the sky.

I hope you get some rest, you will get past this point.

Congrats on making the choice to get clean.

We are all here with you doing the same thing, just trying to stay clean one day at a time.
Old 04-23-2005, 12:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yeah wonderboy my addiction made me seen happy but deep down I wasn't. I can say I am very happy to be sober now because my life has changed drastically for the good. Yeah there are times I miss who I was when I was high because I was the champ, the one at the party that everyone knows they cant out smoke, or out drink. But it got me absolutly nowhere, to me no matter how bad teh urge to drink or do drugs is once your clean it's deffianatly not worth turning back because just stoping is the hardest part and honestly I never want to feel so dependent on anything the way I did on drugs, But yeah I miss the party I miss the feeling soemtimes, but honestly I havent been sober for so long that I enjoy it now and see how easy lifes tasks are without drugs. Don't fall off and become who you were when you used its not worth it.