Today's thought! - Hard feelings

Old 02-14-2005, 03:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Today's thought! - Hard feelings

Today's thought is:

A.A. Thought for the Day

Do we have any hard feelings about other group members or for any other AA group? Are we critical of the way a group member thinks or acts? Do we feel that another group is operating in the wrong way and do we broadcast it? Or do we realize that all AA members, no matter what their limitations, have something to offer and some good, however little, that they can do for AA? Am I tolerant of people and groups?

Meditation for the Day

All my movements, my goings and comings can be guided by the unseen Spirit. Every visit to help another, every unselfish effort to assist, can be blessed by that unseen Spirit. Every meeting of a need may not be a chance meeting but may have been planned by the unseen Spirit.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that I may be led by the spirit of God.

You are reading from the book:

Twenty-four Hours a Day for Teens by Anonymous
Old 02-17-2005, 06:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

This is a wonderful reading, thank you. I do have a ill feeling about another group and I must not keep it because its unhealthy. We all do our meetings and groups in different ways, and at the end of the day we are all there to get well. However I do see some people in meetings as destructive, and make it their business to control people - sometimes to the persons fate. But at the end of the day we are all gods people and we need to remember that everyone is special in their own way.
Jennie
Old 02-17-2005, 06:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

This is a wonderful reading, thank you. I do have a ill feeling about another group and I must not keep it because its unhealthy. We all do our meetings and groups in different ways, and at the end of the day we are all there to get well. However I do see some people in meetings as destructive, and make it their business to control people - sometimes to the persons fate. But at the end of the day we are all gods people and we need to remember that everyone is special in their own way.
Jennie
Old 02-19-2005, 06:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

just a reminder that the faces we see in AA-NA are some of the same people we saw in the drug houses-bars and in the full blown phase of thier disease's GOD DONT MAKE NO JUNK & ( what a drag) I no longer get to judge..By the grace of GOD some of those sick people found recovery. My sponsor cut out an article from a newspaper showing a new AA member""Charles Manson""" & to think, Im in the same club.......
Old 02-19-2005, 08:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Very true Woodchip.Its not the board of mental health,and some are sicker then others.So,take what you need and leave the rest.