Elder's Meditation Feb. 7

Old 02-07-2005, 02:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Doug

Elder's Meditation Feb. 7

"I can tell you that understanding begins with love and respect. It begins with respect for the Great Spirit.All things- and I mean ALL things-have their own will and their own way and their own purpose; this is what is to be respected."
--Rolling Thunder, CHEROKEE

Everything on earth has a purpose and is designed special. No two things are created identical. Sometimes in our minds we have a picture of how things should be, and often what we see is different from what they really are. When this happens we often want to control how things are, making them act or behave according to our picture. We need to leave things alone. God is running all things. How do we do this? In out minds we tell ourselves to love all things and respect all things just as they are. Accept what we cannot change.

Great Spirit, teach me the value of respect and help me to accept people, places and things just as they are.

Old 02-07-2005, 03:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Sometimes in our minds we have a picture of how things should be, and often what we see is different from what they really are. When this happens we often want to control how things are, making them act or behave according to our picture. We need to leave things alone. God is running all things. How do we do this? In our minds we tell ourselves to love all things...
Clarity, a gift we receive when we give up our power and let God guide us. Thank you, Doug.

Hugs
Ann