Elder's Meditation Feb. 2

Old 02-02-2005, 02:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Doug

Elder's Meditation Feb. 2

"Even the seasons form a great circle in their changing, and always come back again to where they were. The life of a man is a circle from childhood to childhood and so it is everything where power moves."
--Black Elk (Hehaka sapa), OGLALA SIOUX

In these modern times it is difficult to understand why we should think circles and seasons. People and society are always moving, through distance, over yonder, going here and going there-hurry up, grow up, be successful, climb the ladder of success, etc. The Elders tell us to slow down, to be patient, pray and think circles. Circle thinking applies to relationships, business and every area of our lives. We need to teach our awareness to look for seasons and cycles.

My Creator, teach me the seasons of growth.

Old 02-02-2005, 03:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

The Elders tell us to slow down, to be patient, pray and think circles. Circle thinking applies to relationships, business and every area of our lives. We need to teach our awareness to look for seasons and cycles.
Life is ever changing, like the seasons, and each time the circle of seasons is complete, they begin again to show new beauty and teach me something I missed the last time the circle took me there.

Hugs
Ann