Notices

Mini Thins????

Old 12-24-2004, 11:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Mini Thins????

When I met my girlfriend we were both meth addicts, pot smokers, and heavy drinkers. After I got busted we both found our way into the rooms of NA, and with 11 months clean I take my recovery very seriously. My girlfriend just got a new job working graveyard shift at a convenience store. And a couple of nights ago I found a package of mini thins in her coat pocket. She said that they are ephedra free and herbal and so they are okay. But I still can't help but think that they aren't okay. And since the ephedra free mini thins are so new I can't find out much info about their effects on recovering addicts. So I'm just looking for some input from fellow addicts.

Thanks,
Chris
Old 12-25-2004, 04:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Doug

Hey Chris,

I don't have any experience with those to offer you, but welcome to SR and congratulations on 11 months.

Old 12-25-2004, 05:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

I don't know why your g/f feels she need the mini thins.....but, if they are being used to keep her awake and being that she had a problem with meth it could possibly help her find her way to relaps. I do not know how strong she is or what her triggers are. I hope you can talk to her about your concerns.

but....you need to keep the focus on your own recovery no matter what and that is the real bottom line......
Old 12-25-2004, 09:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Just For Today

Originally Posted by kleinguy
She said that they are ephedra free and herbal and so they are okay.
They don't contain ephedra, but they do have synephrine in them. Synephrine is chemically similar to the ephedrine, pseudo-ephedrine, ephedra, et cetera.

Same crap, different name.
Bad stuff.
Old 12-26-2004, 01:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for the input. I have been worried since I found out about them because it seemed dangerous. But I wanted some more oppinions. Any other input would also be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-26-2004, 06:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
An Addict name Jerome.......

Welcome to SR and congratulations on 11 months.

As splendra said, your recovery is the only one you are responsable for. Do you have a sponsor? I'm sure if you leed to way she will follow. As for the mini thins, that's some of the garbage used to make crack and ice. It's a drug, and she is using. As far as a relapse, you have to have a program to relapse from. 11 mos. is not enough time to come out of the fog, much less to be working a program. My wife got sober before I got clean, she show me how much she wanted a better life by running my butt off until I got clean. That was not what got me clean, but when I got sick and tired and got the desire to get clean, it did help me to understand that I had to do this for me.