Mental sludge

Old 12-19-2004, 05:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Doug

Mental sludge

As time goes on, it happens to drain pipes, car radiators, riverbeds and coronary arteries -- the build-up of sludge. If the sludge keeps coming and is never removed, it eventually leads to disaster.
Is there a build-up of dangerous sludge in your mind, as well? Years and years of negative thoughts, critical comments, assumptions, defeats and frustrations can deposit a layer of mental sludge that clogs your thinking and prevents your thoughts from flowing freely.

Think back to when you were a child. You were creative, open minded, curious. You believed that anything was possible. You had big dreams and big plans. Then the sludge began to cover them up. It is all still there, it's just buried. Deep inside, that creative, curious, resourceful person with big dreams is still there. It's still you.

Focus on the dreams and the sludge will start to melt away. Concentrate on the positive, and the possible, and your thoughts will start to flow freely. Unclog the negative thoughts and free your mind and yourself to do great things.

Old 12-19-2004, 06:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks Doug. I needed this today.
Amazing how things appear when you need them the most...
Old 12-19-2004, 06:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Deep inside, that creative, curious, resourceful person with big dreams is still there. It's still you.
Yup, she's still there. I just need to find her again.

Hugs Ann

P.S. Doesn't Wolfstarr have a wonderful saying...Let go...or be dragged??
Old 12-19-2004, 09:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
☆ entity

Ha!! let go or be dragged..thats fantastic!!
I really really dig that...heh....yeah. Got a lil excited there..so....ook. Ahemm.. ::sniff:: ...I'm cool.