you can go to diner sober

Old 12-13-2004, 10:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

you can go to diner sober

Went to the March or Dimes charity dinner last sunday with my wife, had a great time SOBER. There is a higher power looking over us, and this is an example of that. The table was bought by my wife's company,and here boss had asked a member of my AA group to attend the dinner I know this person well, but neither of us knew that the other would be at this charity event let a-lone at the same table. When I walked in the convention center of course there was alcohol every where, and it was free did not drink, it cost me more to be sober 8 dollars for a 12oz coke!! but it was worth the cost. Then we looked for our table there was my brother in recovery we looked at each other and huged, my wife and his date looked surprised that we knew each other,and they asked, I said from church we all laughed. We had an enjoyable night my wife drank in moderation like she does, but I was not the "life" of the party in the begining then the drunk at the end. My point is that you never know where you might run into another recovering alcoholic. also there were many other members of our group at this event, but we could not get to all of them to talk thousands of people there. I would have done fine without my friend, but my god sent an angel the help me on my first public event like this. I am learning that through giving it back I get so much more out of the program.
Old 12-14-2004, 06:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
tha toastah

thats great CAPPA! isnt it wonderful to remember what you did last night?