Is it dangerous to detox off Norco?

Old 11-19-2004, 09:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Is it dangerous to detox off Norco?

I am attempting to detox off Norco about 16 to 18 a day (10/325). What can I expect? Is it dangerous? From what I have been reading on the web I have heard that it is just crappy feeling and uncomfortable. Then I have heard that it is not medically dangerous like with benzos. Does anyone know? I know the amount I have been taking is pretty high. Does size and weight have any bearing? Oh well, forgive my blabbering with questions. Thanks so much to those of you that have been reaching out.

-God Bless
Old 11-20-2004, 09:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Slider-- Here's what I know from my own detoxing off of opiates. First, I urge you to see a Dr. and get medical help, either detox or other meds. The process is uncomfortable at best, dangerous at worst. Expect flu-like symptoms-- fever, muscle aches, etc. Plus insomnia, diahreah, runny nose, etc. Hot baths and Ibuprophen help. Depending on how much you took and for how long, the detox can last from 3 to 10 days.

The first thing is getting off the pills, then I urge you to create a plan for recovery. I tried and failed too many times before I realized that I cannot do this alone. Now I go to meetings, I have a sponsor and I work the steps. What is your plan for recovery?

Hang in there, Slider. You are not alone!

jojo
Old 11-20-2004, 10:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks JoJo