Notices

Morning Gratitude

Old 04-18-2016, 02:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Morning Gratitude

As I woke this morning I gave thanks for something that happened last night.

I have been a single parent since my kids were 15 & 13 (Boy and girl) they are now 26 and 24, both are very well educated and have amazing careers.

When my X left I stayed sober, somehow for almost 30 months, the kids and I traveled around South America a lot and our relationship was as strong as it could get however alcohol came back and they saw a side of my that I am embarrassed about however I have come to grips with that.

My son and I continue to have a great relationship however the hurt and disappointment my daughter had led to her not talking to me when she went away to university until last evening.

For months I have been writing her once or twice a week, light stuff, always telling her I love her and am proud of her, sending her pictures of my hikes with our dog.

Last night she laid all the pain out at my feet, the hurt and disappointment came out as well, really tough for me to hear but I took full responsibility and asked for the opportunity to show I have changed through actions rather than words and to take baby steps towards rebuilding our relationship to which she has agreed.

I am a really happy camper this morning.

Thanks
Andrew
Old 04-18-2016, 05:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Andrew, it's not easy owning up to our behavior. Good for you!

I'm so happy your daughter is giving you a second chance.

Thank you for a wonderful Gratitude post.