Notices

Having a day

Old 01-25-2016, 06:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Having a day

I've been using free low income insurance for a few years. These past 3 months have been hell. They have messed up my paper work 3 times. Forcing me to pay out of pocket for an emergency visit to get anti depressants, and again when I went to pick up my prescription. I am getting zero feedback about getting reimbursed for any of this. each time I call them to talk about anything I get different answers there is no consistency.

I realize it is not really their fault. Health care has a lot of issues where I live. I'm lucky to live in an area where they exist at all, and as someone who works in customer service I go out of my way to be nice to others on their job. I get it. We all makemistakes. But I lost it on one woman on the phone today. I went to pick up my refil and they said I wasn't covered (again) and that I had to call to see what was up. The woman wasn't answering any of my questions and wouldn't do any of the things the pharmacist asked. I finally got a hold of someone else and it turns out they won't cover my anti depressant and I need to call my dr and get a new prescription for one that they will cover.

Now it has been very hard for me to find Meds that work and I do not want to change them. I emailed my dr. And Contacted some freinds who said they could help out.

I guess this is just a rant- to other like minded people. This is my mental health were talking about and they waited until I had ONE DAYS WORTH of medication left to tell me I can't get it anymore. I cried so much today, felt really discouraged. I have other options I am going to seek out tomorrow but I am done for the day. Why are things so difficult for us who are already suffering so much?
Old 01-25-2016, 08:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hang in there greens.

I have had similar insurance company issues with medications. The company cutting me off until the doctor reauthorizes something I have to take.

I am on a new anti depressant now as well and I am going to run out before the refill date, I dropped the pill bottle and they are so small I did not find every little pill. I am like 4 short. I do have an appt. with the doctor before this though so hopefully I can work it out because my ins. co. won't refill it until the run out date.

Precarious stuff when you might have to go into an abrupt withdrawal.