Notices

Three Cheers For Today!

Old 01-20-2016, 12:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Three Cheers For Today!

Greetings, all:

I've been lurking here long enough that I feel like an old-timer, but this is my first post. Today, I am brimming with gratitude for the following:

1. Five days of sobriety. I've rarely eschewed alcohol for this long, barring one 10-day stint in 2014 and one several-month stint in 2010. Though I haven't recently abused my body to nearly the extent I did in my 20s and early 30s, the cumulative effects of too much drinking have set in. I have fatty liver, and I've gained easily 20 pounds in the last couple of years. I'm bound and determined to reverse both of those unfortunate conditions.

2. No jitters or headaches. I am so grateful to have made it nearly 120 hours without withdrawal symptoms or monster cravings, and I hope that by this point I'm out of the woods on that front.

3. My husband, who has embarked on this journey with me. Aside from this community, he is the only person with whom I have shared my concerns about alcohol. We're in similar boats, and I feel so fortunate that we can help each other.

4. Blueberry tea. Holy hell, do I love it. It's perfect for after-dinner TV watching.

5. Peach Fresca. It's so bubbly and refreshing, and truly more delicious than any Prosecco I've tasted.

Thanks for being such an amazing group of people. You all are awesome!
Old 01-20-2016, 01:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome sanguinity!

Thank you for sharing your wonderful news!

Yay!!