Notices

Mysteries

Old 04-12-2015, 03:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Mysteries

I tend to believe everything happens for a reason, whether we come to know the reasons or not.

I'm still struggling with my work situation and the ways it's been affecting my mental health. I've been "unemployed" for 17 days now and another 7 are in store for me this week. My start date at the company who hired me in March has been pushed back 3 times because an out of state background check it taking an unusually long time (not because of my empty background, but this particular state is notorious for taking its time on these things). In the meantime, I allowed my state health insurance to lapse because I was depending on having insurance through this job. In order to continue with therapy and doctor's appointments, I'll need to reapply for the coverage tomorrow. I've started looking for another job because, without income, I can't support myself through May. My brother (who lives with me) landed an interview this week, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for him.

On the mental health front, I've been getting better at taking care of myself as far as hygiene and self-talk go. Maintaining the apartment helps keep me occupied and relieves a bit of stress. But man, this is hard. Staying sober through all of this is hard, but I'm doing it. I haven't been unemployed since I was...22. And that was just a short lapse. I believe there's a lesson for me somewhere in all of this, but I don't know what it is.

Thanks for reading. I find myself needing to vent a bit recently.