Notices

1st therapist session she says I have PTSD

Old 03-05-2015, 10:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

1st therapist session she says I have PTSD

3 weeks sober (alcohol).

I mention some childhood sexual abuse and that I'd like to explore it. Gets to know me and why I'm there, etc. etc. Says I have PTSD. I don't really agree, but whatever. Maybe I've repressed some memories of the events.

My mind is preoccupied with my ex-fiance having sex with another guy while she is pregnant with our 2nd child. 6 weeks along. She downplays my disgust with it all, belittles me, makes me feel like an idiot. And I just nod and say OK you're right. Maybe the zero self worth really did come from the childhood abuse. I'm just so glad I'm not trying to drink this away like usual.

God that was the nail in the coffin. She is dead to me in every regard except as a mother to our 3 year old and this baby.

Am I crazy for being absolutely disgusted she's doing that? This is thousands of years of instinct in the male psyche. Or am I just a boy scout wannabe loser, like she says?

I don't get panic attacks, but anxiety. Low self esteem, self worth, zero confidence, poor eye contact...Is this PTSD? I really never considered it.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Ouch.

Yeah that'd puncture the male ego.

Might have been her Way of dealing with your alcoholism.?

Women tend to get a bit tired of the emotional neglect.

Forgive and forget or make your move and leave.

I always left, but then again, that was no children involved in those days.

Tricky situation
Old 03-06-2015, 12:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hawks View Post
Ouch.

Yeah that'd puncture the male ego.

Might have been her Way of dealing with your alcoholism.?

Women tend to get a bit tired of the emotional neglect.

Forgive and forget or make your move and leave.

I always left, but then again, that was no children involved in those days.

Tricky situation
Thanks. No emotional neglect. I'm too emotional and always make things about me according to her. Bipolar with PTSD, she knows how to dish the hurt, but can't take even a little bit. We had an agreement about the sex, and she went behind my back and broke it.

Anyway, I'm concentrating on the kids and myself. The next 8 months will be super fun. Going to have to take it one day at a time as well. It's weird, I'm kind of looking forward to exploring what happened to me as a kid. I always just kind of discounted it as no big deal. Maybe it was. I don't remember any really kind of violent or extreme abuse, but I guess it's all in how the child handles it that matters.

Maybe I'll get that "Slightly Irregular" tattoo this weekend I was thinking about.