Notices

Grateful to AA

Old 08-17-2014, 07:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Do your best

Grateful to AA

I am new to this forum (8days) and just getting used to it forgive me for anything I spell wrong using a I pad I prefer a keyboard

When I decided enough was enough and I admitted I was alcoholic I got in touch with aa I couldn't speak as I was vomiting blood and waiting on a ambulance this was the very beginning of a 3 month journey

After 48h after coming round in a emergency ward i spoke to someone briefly on the phone

Getting home made more contact and tried my first aa mtn

The best thing that has ever happened to me no doubt

On the way home he asked do I believe in the devil ? I knew from that very comment that I was meant to meet this person sounds crazy but its true

Went to more mtn read living sober big book I came to believe

It was with this person that I heard the 2 wolves story from and it again confirmed I was meant to meet this personn

I kept relapsing while in aa whether it being not being ready yet, lack of willpower, disagreements

I got sober on my own in the end but there is no way I couldn't have done it if it wasn't for the wisdom and love and it all came from aa the only thing I have ever tried to get sober is aa and it worked in its own little way

I have a sponsor who knows I don't want to do the steps and is still there for me there a like 5 other people who I can say i love as a person

That is what aa gave me and even though I don't attend anymore I'llnever forger the shivering sweating wreck I once was and what did aa do ? Hi how are you .. Cup of tea cup of coffee ? Biscuit hi my name is . nice to meet you = human kindness at it best

I know a lot of ppl have issues with aa but I don't Iseparate it and have disagreements with the actual person not the message

A desire to stop drinking

Thank you to all who make aa what it is meant to be
Old 08-17-2014, 05:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

welcome to the grat pack SW

and i dont have any issues with AA also

as it saved my life 11 years ago