Notices

Pantheism

Old 02-15-2014, 07:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Pantheism

I have been reading about it here-- Is your spiritual home right here on Earth? | World Pantheism

This really sums up my beliefs to me. I hadn't heard the term before, but I have basically always said I was an Atheist who was spiritual and I believe my spirituality is derived from the world around me: nature, friendship, love, and the vastness of the unknown. I think there is so much here on Earth and in our Universe that is wondrous and amazing that I don't really feel the need or desire for a creator or supernatural entity. I don't claim to know what happens when we die, whether we have any consciousness thereafter, but it doesn't matter to me. I have this life.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

I'm a pantheist too.
Old 02-16-2014, 12:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

sums my beliefs up too
Old 02-16-2014, 12:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Onewithwings, FANTASTIC, elegantly put, rootin for ya. Thanks for the link.
Old 02-20-2014, 10:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have been doing research lately trying to determine where if any i could place my faith and i agree pantheism is where i think I'm at.
Old 02-21-2014, 09:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Interesting "Atheist who was spiritual"

Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities. In a narrower sense, atheism is specifically the position that there are no deities. Most inclusively, atheism is simply the absence of belief that any deities exist. ...

Actually we were fooling ourselves, for deep down in every man, woman, and child, is the fundamental idea of God. It may be obscured by calamity, by pomp, by worship of other things, but in some form or other it is there. For faith in a Power greater than ourselves, and miraculous demonstrations of that power in human lives, are facts as old as man himself.

Doesnt say anything about a religious god. But deep down in every man women and child is a fundamental belief in a Higher Power.
Old 02-21-2014, 09:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by matt4x4 View Post
Actually we were fooling ourselves, for deep down in every man, woman, and child, is the fundamental idea of God. It may be obscured by calamity, by pomp, by worship of other things, but in some form or other it is there. For faith in a Power greater than ourselves, and miraculous demonstrations of that power in human lives, are facts as old as man himself.

Doesnt say anything about a religious god. But deep down in every man women and child is a fundamental belief in a Higher Power.
I am curious how you could possibly come to this conclusion that you state as fact? It irks me when someone else has the audacity to tell me what I believe.

So it is you position that I was born believing in god - this is human nature and calamity, pomp, worship of other things have clouded my judgement?
Old 02-22-2014, 02:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

When it comes to the subject of God/HP, I'm with Hich. That is "anything that can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof". So I simply dismiss all clams that there is a God or need for a HP.

I like pantheism although I identify as a "freethinker". I feel that spirituality can be all things or anything ones whats for personal fulfillment, enlightenment, transcendence of suffering or likewise. For me spirituality is personal growth and I just love nature too. I'm in a continuing flow of cause and effect. Some things I can change, some things are uncontrollable. To me: Spirituality is knowing the difference by developing wisdom.