Notices

Thank You Dad X

Old 05-22-2013, 03:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thank You Dad X

Today I am grateful for having had my Dad for as long as I did. He died last summer when I was 36. Finally that day that I dreaded since I was a wee girl, what you want so much not to happen happened. I used to wonder how I would carry on without him. The day he died I tried to stay awake as long as I possibly could for I knew that day was going to be the last where I'd went to bed and still had him. It must be horrific to lose a beloved parent at an even younger age though and so I feel grateful that despite the terrible disease of alcoholism which ultimately claimed his life - I was despite everthing I think blessed; all he taught me lives on and each day I try to do the best I can for my daughter. who I am is because of him. If I can do half as good a job as he did I'd be grateful. Some days are harder than others and even the good days he is still my last thought at night and first in the morning. It seems an awful long time to maybe live another 30 years without him. I am not as close to anyone in my life as I was to him and sometimes I feel so lonely because of that. I know no matter how long I live too no-one will ever be as in my corner or there 100% for me. So Dad old Pal, thank you for all you did and all you taught me - I'm doing my best as I promised you I would and I just hope that there ended up being 'something' after all. Love Always XXX
Old 05-22-2013, 03:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

That was a lovely tribute, lorandgeoff. I'm sorry for the pain you've endured since you lost him. I'm sure there is something after all - and I feel certain you'll see him again. (He wouldn't want to be the cause of your sadness.)
Old 05-22-2013, 03:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That was beautiful lorandgeoff. Brought tears to my eyes...I can sure relate. Sending you big hugs. I just lost my Dad in September and my Mom a few years before that.

I'm sure your Dad is proud of you, and the way your raising your daughter.

Best Wishes To You