Notices

4 months clean

Old 06-16-2012, 06:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

4 months clean

4 months off of those little pills that used to control me! They can now rot in you know where! I have control over my life now. I have money in the bank now. I have pride now. I now get excited to have the honour of feeling good every day, and nothing can stop it as long as I stay clean. Sad that all those years I rarely felt really good unless I had a bunch of pills. I do not miss freaking out when my stash was gone, I do not miss spending hours thinking about how I was going to lie to get more pills. I do not miss sitting in Dr's offices with that strong urgency and praying that they would give me more pills. I do not miss anything about pills. I am thankful for the internet (I live in China and addicts/recovery/NA) Is not a well known thing, so the internet and SR are my loves! Thank you SR! Now on to getting this out of shape body in shape, so I have no more excuses. At 4 months I can finally say I feel better...I was even offered a PILL at work on Wednesday, I said NO!
Old 06-16-2012, 06:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you!!! That's awesome!! On Wednesday I will have 3 months off of opiates. It's been a journey but I am finally starting to feel consistently better. It has taken some time, lots of effort but so worth it. SR has been a huge part of my recovery too.
Old 06-16-2012, 06:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
sobriety date 5-2-12

Way to go!! You have worked hard and should be so proud of yourself!!!
Old 06-16-2012, 06:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Glad to know you continue to make progress...
Old 06-16-2012, 07:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 06-16-2012, 08:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
dude in recovery

WTG! ... Nearing 9 months here, it's hard to believe what I put myself through just to get my daily (drink) fix.
Keep the chains off and your head held up.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

My son is an oxycontin addict. I read so many stories about people who never get better. You give me hope that he will say the words you are saying someday! God bless you.
Old 06-16-2012, 09:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sadmabel

I am saddened by your brief but concise story. I have read many things on this forum by friends and family and it has sharpened my view on what my wife has had to endure but also my parents. They are both gone now and have not had to witness my most recent encounter with the devil. At the time of their passing I had been clean from alcohol and drugs for many years.

As I was about to go on I had to sit back from the keyboard as I was saddened by the words I was about to write. How did I end up here again? Actually I came here to find help and have. The question is how did I come to need help again?

To come out of this it takes strength and it takes courage and persistence and vigilance. When involved in active addiction it appears an impossibly daunting task. The fear of being without the drug (and oxy was mine as well this time) is overwhelming and the addict will do anything to avoid the possibility.

Congratulations, Icandoit, I long for the day I can say 4 months instead of 44 days. To count in months rather than days is an accomplishment I long to achieve.
Old 06-17-2012, 08:29 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congratulations ICanDoIt! I am so proud of you and you should be too! Keep up the hard work-never let your guard down and we will make it!!
Old 06-17-2012, 09:02 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

So awesome for you! I have 5 months and everyday is a journey! I feel the same way as you. I am loving life again and have a clear head. One day at a time and keep loving your new life.