Notices

Here again ugh

Old 05-30-2012, 03:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Here again ugh

Here I am again, was off the hydro for awhile and started having severe headaches. Well went and saw my dr. And long story short back on the Vicodin. Fast forward and taking two a day turned into ten again. Well I have decided to once again start the journey to recovery. Took my last Vicodin at noon yesterday
And reread my old posts so I know what I'm in for.
Old 05-30-2012, 04:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

((skinnywater)) - This is not medical advice, but have you asked your dr. about alternative treatment for your headaches?

I abused opiates (before I quit and switched to crack) and long story short - ended up with trauma-induced migraines. When I first met the neurologist, I told him "I'm an RA and I do NOT want any opiates". He got a huge grin on his face, said "good, because you're not getting any from me" and prescribed me non-addictive medicines. Just a thought.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 05-30-2012, 04:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes as soon as I'm feeling better I'm seeing another dr who doesn't use opiates.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

SW, good to see you back on here, you are in the right place. Don't be too hard on yourself, take it one day at at time.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks icandoit, I'm hanging in there close to the 48 hour mark today
And am determined to push thru this.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

This time my WD is not half as bad as the first time. Don't know why but I have slept alot last night and today i woke up feeling not okay but not bad.
I acutully ate some scrambled eggs this morning and have hit the 48 hour mark. I have a raging headache and am sore but feel like I could even get out and walk a little.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:19 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by skinnywater View Post
Here I am again, was off the hydro for awhile and started having severe headaches. Well went and saw my dr. And long story short back on the Vicodin. Fast forward and taking two a day turned into ten again. Well I have decided to once again start the journey to recovery. Took my last Vicodin at noon yesterday
And reread my old posts so I know what I'm in for.
How wonderful for you. I know that since I got off all the pain pills and oxycodone I feel so much better. I got the body going in the right direction and now am looking for the right program to start healing the emotional.

The important thing is taking one step at a time, one second a time, and finding the inner strength to overcome.

This is a wonderful path you are choosing. Welcome abord.

Chrisy
Old 05-31-2012, 09:26 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by skinnywater View Post
Yes as soon as I'm feeling better I'm seeing another dr who doesn't use opiates.
Last week I had to call the emt to take me to the hospital after taking one allergy pill prescribed to me by a doctor. I am allergic to drugs and chemicals and so sometimes just an over the counter drug that does nothing to someone else effects me like someone put a micky into my soft drink or water. That is what happen so I have come to distrust the American medical system.

I am looking for a more holistic based treatment plan. anyway, the lady in the emt who rode over with me and I were talking and she was saying they do have holistic based programs, but you have to seek them out and pay for them out of your own pocket. In one of the world's greatest countries, if one wants an holistic path they have to be rich enough to pay for it out of their own pocket.

She was very nice and so I am passing on what she said to me, you have to be the one to find the holistic program and decide to jump off the pill popping American system of not caring that the drugs you are prescribing them could kill them either long term or short term.

We can make it. We must focus on our recovery of the body, mind, and spirit.

Going to get into the shower and get to the store before it gets any hotter here.

Love and Blessings
Chrisy
Old 05-31-2012, 09:46 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Chrisy I know exactly what your talking about. There is a dr so close to my house who use all natural treatments and has some of the best reviews around. But I don't have the money to go to him. Every place I get sent by my insurance ends with them prescribing endless supply of pills. If this one doesn't work take this pill or try this one for this. I used to never take pills not even aspirin till I had my surgery from a bad car accident. I really want to get back to that person.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:43 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Well just made it back from a 15 minute walk and feel pretty good. I have that foggy head thing going on and my stomache is up and down but for day 2 I feel so much better than I thought i would. The first time I did this I didn't feel this way till day 4. Don't know why but thank the Lord for it. Just wanted to say thanks for the support this place gives, it is truley amazing and I don't think I could do this without it.
Old 05-31-2012, 03:13 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

AT the 54 hour mark and feeling okay. Foggy head and am really tired of laying around. Got in a 15 min walk earlier and then a nap for about 2 hours. This is so different than my last time, I don't get it. I just hope the bottom dosent fall out, but the way im feeling is like Im way ahead of where i should be. The all to familar headache is back, which is so so annoying.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:54 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

SW, as least you know that you will not have to go through this again if you stay away from those evil little things! I know that headache all to well. I am glad you are feeling better than the times before. I realized the many times I quit, that the less mg's I was on, the lighter my withdrawals were. One time I detoxed off of taking about 7-10 of the 20mg oxy's per day, holy smokes, I was puking and crapping everywhere!!! It was the worst ever. Thank GOD I never did that again. After that I came off of taking 30's, but that didnt seem as harsh as the 20's. I am proud that you are doing good, keep the fight up!!!

Chrisy, I am also from AZ. I decided to go the cold turkey route, and fought through the emottional part by SR and my journal..I can not afford any of the good rehab programs around AZ.
Old 06-01-2012, 09:48 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Well I made to the 72 hour mark. Sleep was very little last night but I didn't have the headache that usually haunts me. I actually felt as normal as I ever have. Even made it out to the store this morning. Head is really foggy and my vision was a little blurry but other than that things are good. The runs are almost gone and my stomach isn't to bad. Hope this. Onto use as I took on some work for tomorrow. Hope this day finds all my SR friends doing well and hangin tough staying sober.
Old 06-01-2012, 04:57 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

80 hour mark or very close. Doing so much better than yesterday. I even went to run some errands a couple times today and laughed a lot more than I have for some time. I enjoy coming here and posting. Really does make one feel better to write something about what your going thru. If your just starting this road to recovery write something anything. It helps and no one will judge you here. I'm going to try working tomorrow so wish me luck and strength to get thru it. Stay strong.
Old 06-02-2012, 04:34 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I hope you're doing well SW. It sounds like you are pushing through pretty good. Best of luck with work and stay vigilant. From the sound of things, you are doing great with WD and headed in the right direction!
Old 06-04-2012, 05:28 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Well day 6 here and doing pretty darn good. Made it thru work on Saturday. Really took a lot out of me and just relaxed and went to the beach on Sunday. Something about the sand water and fresh air to rejuvenate one.