Notices

Cocaine.

Old 05-24-2012, 05:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cocaine.

Hey everyone. I have a question/concern about cocaine abuse and recovery.

I wouldn't consider myself addicted to cocaine, but I did use it heavily for a few months. I have been clean of everything for 24 days now and I'm having extremely strong cravings for cocaine.

I think that even though cocaine isn't my favorite out of all the drugs I've done, I'm craving it since it's cheap and I literally just have to walk around the corner and knock on someones door, then hand them a 20 and I have my drugs.

My wife is my main anchor and she is going to be away for a couple of day coming up this weekend. How do I prevent myself from doing it? In my experience, my addiction will take control and I will lie to her about it even though I don't want to. But I kind of do want to.

Anyone who has been in my pos. will understand what I mean. Can anyone give me some pointers on how I can avoid the urge to go score?
Old 05-24-2012, 06:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Oxy

My main thing was booze - I've been an alcoholic pretty much since I discovered booze aged 17. One of the reasons I knew I couldn't go on was that I got into coke, and once I did it got out of control really fast. I'll be twelve weeks clean on Saturday, and I definitely crave coke as much as booze. More, maybe. It's making me want it just typing here, and I don't get that with booze.

Damn.

On the plus side, I probably never would havegot around to getting on the wagon if the coke hadn't forced the issue...

Nice to meetcha!

Still
xxx
Old 05-24-2012, 06:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Find something more interesting to do than just "hanging out" while she's gone.

The cravings are the natural result of the drug lighting up your pleasure and reward centers of your brain when you used. Basically, you napalmed your brain with 'reward" when you used. Your brain's responded by saying, "Oh hell Yeah"!
Now that your brain isn't getting that INSTANT reward... It's telling you - "want more instant gratification!
This isn't too hard given you're only having "cravings" and not W/D...

Go find something fun and interesting to do during this period. Show your brain it can find some other fun things to do. Sitting around thinking about will only make things WAY worse! GO have some fun and don't think about it.