Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Substance Abuse
Reload this Page >

3 Days off norco 10/325. will I be normal again!

Notices

Old 05-06-2012, 09:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So I have addicted to norco since I can remember. The last few months I'm up to 10-12 a day. I go through a months scrip in a week! Tired of this ****. I don't even get high anymore. Right now I feel like total ****. How long does it take to feel normal again. Help please.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I too was taking 10~14 a day. Today is day 16 clean. First 11 days sucked but it gets better everyday after that!#
Old 05-06-2012, 11:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have had bad w/d before. But this one really sucks. I have never been to go more then a week without any vics. Plus I get the meds for free and I know there will always be refills available. I so just ******* hate myself right now. Just can't wait to fell ok again.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm typing on my phone excuse my spelling LOL.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi William,

If you are serious about quitting then I suggest you cancel all your prescription refills ASAP. I also got my Oxy for free and had 5 refills just sitting at the pharmacy....I called and cancelled them so there was no temptation.

My month scripts only lasted three weeks and I finally said I'm getting off this drug to nowhereville.

3 days clean is amazing...just keep going and you will be over the worst in a few more days. Yes, wd is hell but even worse is going thru the vicious cycle of taking opiates, running out, going thru wd and then repeating it again and again.

Keep on going it gets better. Good luck!
Old 05-07-2012, 12:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I didn't know I could cancel my prescription. I will do that tomorrow. And yes I keep going through the same old cycle of picking up my prescriptions going through them in a week then waiting another two before I can refill. I started out taking it for legitimate reasons but man has it spun way out of control. I'm really not in as much pain as I thought. Just sluggish no energy what so ever. This has got to end now to old for this. Ten years of abusing prescriptions is enough.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome...

Glad you are heading into a better drug free future...
Good for you!
Old 05-07-2012, 11:12 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I also took Oxy for completely legit reasons but that does NOT stop most of us from abusing them. The tolerance builds up so quickly, you get less pain relief and then you start to take more of your pills than your supposed to. Hence the vicious cycle most of us end up in.

I'm going thru a lot of pain issues again but I SWEAR anything is better than being tied to opiates 24/7 and the complete panic when you run out and the constant forced wds. I also had turned into a complete zombie who rarely got out of bed. The last five years are almost completely blank for me except I remember every second over my angst of taking Oxy and the vicious cycle I was in.

My pharamacist was shocked when I called to cancel my prescriptions but it actually helped me with my wd. I just knew I had to endure the wd and time went by much quicker when I wasn't counting every second until I could pick up my prescription. Plus, I was DONE with Oxy so no need for anymore refills!
Old 05-07-2012, 05:39 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I fell a little better today. The only thing that has really sucked is I had to work right through my w/d. I got through it tho. And my back really doesn't hurt as much as I thought. I really can manage with otc medicine. I think at this point its a mental thing. My brain keeps telling me I need it just don't take as muck this time but I know were that leads. Sometimes I think my brain wants to kill me. I am going to start going back to AA I like there program. Thanks for the support. Y'all.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:05 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Still clean on day six going into seven. I feel fantastic today. I have energy! It's such a relief to feel somewhat normal. Got a long road ahead but I'm off to a great start.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:19 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

First thing to do is tell the doctor you writes the script. Be honest. This in itself will remove a burden you are carrying. It will get better. It is hard work but life will again be worth living. 6 months for me and I'll never again go down this road. I'm praying for you.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:05 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Yes it a burden not having told my pm doc. And I have a refill at the pharmacy due in a few days. I told the pharmacy I was not going to need that norco and to delete it from my file. They said well if you don't want it don't pick it up. Man why didn't I think of that LOL. They just don't understand I'm an addict trying to recover. Y'all are great keep fighting it's your life.