Notices

Finally Doing My 4th Step

Old 05-02-2012, 05:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Peace, Love, Sobriety

Finally Doing My 4th Step

I had been starting to get a little frustrated and pissed off at my sponsor because up until this point all we've been doing is reading the BB and taking notes in it, etc. But I wasn't actually DOING Anything and it annoyed me!

God must have heard me struggling because yesterday when I met her she said "okay you're ready to start step 4!" YAY! finally, i feel so relieved to finally arrive at the dreaded step 4. I have heard some people say this, lol.

She is going to talk to her own sponsor first to make sure she is teaching me the right way, so my first task is to write my list of people and things I resent, and I've already filled one entire page in just a day so I have a feeling this is going to be a very rewarding step.

I have a lot of pain in my past and I cannot wait to get it all out in the open and do my 5th step after this!
Old 05-02-2012, 07:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

All my best to you and your sponsor as you move forward...
Old 05-02-2012, 05:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Peace, Love, Sobriety

Thank you, I know this will be extremely rewarding to me when I get all of this pain out of me and into the open air.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

All the best. This is the point where your real recovery begins, and the proof that you have taken the third step in full.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Step 4 is SUCH a valuable tool!! It took me a couple inventories and listening to a lot of talks about the 4th step to get good at them (well, to get better than I was when I did my first one) but it's taught me a completely different way to go through life.

This is the step where you find out how and why you tick, why you act this way or that way in certain situations, what kind of BS you're capable of, what your motives REALLY are.....on and on and on. Like I said though, I had to do a couple before I got the hang of them but then, I wasn't given a whole lot of instruction on my first couple and it sounds like you are.

Cool deal. Keep posting in this thread. I'd love to re-live the experience through you.
Old 05-03-2012, 02:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Peace, Love, Sobriety

Ok I will keep you guys update. I am actually going on vacation next thursday and I'll return may 20th, so my sponsor wants me to write it all out before i go and then when I get back we're going to do my 5th step.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Peace, Love, Sobriety

Okay I'm so burning this notebook after I finish my 5th step. LOL! I cannot believe some of the things I've written down about people close to me. Haha. It is funny to me that these things have been bothering me after all these years.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:05 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Lots of ppl burn them....but I don't. It's been fun, at times, to go through an old inventory. About the time I'd think AA isn't working, I'm not getting better fast enough, or that my life was crappy again......I'd pull out an old inventory and there it was, proof that I AM better, that I AM growing. It's amazing to notice how those things look completely different and those people that I was mad at, I can now look at in a whole new light.

.....and if you do decide to get rid of it, don't do it until after you've finished your 8th step list and gone over your 9th step amends with your sponsor. You're going to NEED that inventory to do 6, 7 and 8.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:44 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Peace, Love, Sobriety

Originally Posted by DayTrader View Post
.....and if you do decide to get rid of it, don't do it until after you've finished your 8th step list and gone over your 9th step amends with your sponsor. You're going to NEED that inventory to do 6, 7 and 8.
yeah I realized this yesterday, lol. I have a nosy family so I don't want it to be found by any of them they would be crushed if they read some of the things I've written down.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:44 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thinking of you F.F.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 05-07-2012, 06:59 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Peace, Love, Sobriety

Thanks Bob. I have it all written up, 5 pages so far. lol. I am leaving thursday for vacation so as soon as i get back im going to meet with my sponsor for step 5. I cannot wait. I am not even nervous or anything about it, i just wanna get all this sh*t off my mind! lol
Old 05-18-2012, 10:17 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm just getting ready to start step 4. If I remember correctly our sobriety dates are somewhat close FF. One of my spiritual advisers told me that if needed get the notebook out of the house.
Old 05-20-2012, 07:19 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Peace, Love, Sobriety

Well my apartment is safe because its just my boyfriend and the cat, my boyfriend already pretty much knows all there is in my notebook because ive talked to him about it all way before I even got into AA. (lol) and the cat just doesnt care because he thinks he is God. :P
Old 05-20-2012, 07:30 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I got nosy kids
Old 05-20-2012, 09:44 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
~sb

I was told to jot reminders down, so if anyone finds it, it really doesn't make too much sense! LOL

My cat is The Queen. That's good enough for her!