Notices

39 days....

Old 04-23-2012, 07:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

39 days....

I wanted to start a new thread and try and reach out to those just beginning this journey. It is a hard one to walk but it is so worth it. I know I would not have made it for not the encouraging words I got from the members here that kept me going.
In the first days and weeks it is hard and you feel so bad but you are not far from reaching your goal and it is much better than I thought it would be. There were times that I wondered if I would ever feel good again.....I wanted to feel normal.
Will the diarhea EVEr go away and this fatigued feeling seemed to be one of my worst things I hated......it was the last to go away but was I ever glad to have my energy back and able to do simple things again. I can go to bed and go to sleep without any pills....amd I am up in the morning enjoying the day...the sunshine, birds hopping around in my yard, the gentle breeze as I sit on my front porch......things I haven't appreciated in a very long time. I used to sleep until 11:00 am every day.....just enjoyed sleeping my life away with a Norco 10 induced sleep.
I counted my days...thinking if I can make another week I will feel a little better and each week another crappy withdrawal symptom went away.
If you are making this journey now.....don't give up and hang on because it is within arms reach for you too to have your life back......and I thank God now for all the people here that helped me to stay tough.
I am a 59yr old Grandma and if I can do it so can you! Don't let these pills rob you of your life.....take it back and live it good.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you! Keep it up! I love to hear success stories :-)
Old 04-23-2012, 10:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I hear you, Lookin. I am 59 this year, not yet a Grandma but could be, and have been in recovery now from pills for 16 months - longest ever since about 20 yrs ago. It is still a bit of a journey, but stay the course. So happy to hear another successful recovery story. My sneezing and restless legs stayed with me the longest. Every now and then, the old thoughts try to creep in, but I have no source to tempt me, so I get busy and it passes.
And, you are right about SR. I could not have made it through 2011 without the great folks here. I give thanks to God everyday for the contributors to this site!
Old 04-23-2012, 01:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks Reader....

I am still sneezing too but thank goodness the rls seems to be gone but i have to watch the caffiene or I get fidgety. 1 cup of coffee in the morning and that is it....no cokes or pepsi unless it is caffiene free and then i wonder if it really is...lol. I drink alot of water.
Dealing with my back pain is a challenge but I will do it with out pain pills. I had a bad tooth ache last week and got worried that this would break my control over the pain pills but I did it.

Felt good to have fought off the urge and keep up my fight over the pain pills. I could have gave in to a legitimate reason to use...I won. Tylenol extra strength took care of it.....Thank you.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

39 days and u feel that good? I am at day 15 and all I want is to feel NORMAL... thank you for the HOPE and the success story!!
Old 04-23-2012, 09:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats on your 39 days!! Thank you for your wonderful and hopeful post. This is EXACTLY one of the reasons I come to SR a couple of times a day (at least), so much hope and inspiration. Keep up the great work . So proud of you!!

~Pandie
Old 04-23-2012, 10:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

I am a 59yr old Grandma and if I can do it so can you! Don't let these pills rob you of your life.....take it back and live it good.

I am a soon to be 58 year old Great Uncle and if I can do it so can you! Don't let booze and crack rob you of your life.....take it back and live it good.

Thanks for the thread Grandma.