Notices

What to do

Old 04-19-2012, 10:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What to do

I've been on suboxone for nearly 2 years. Due to a screw up at the pharmacy I have been without it until they get their next delivery in. I am not well. Very emotional and depressed and anxious, can't sleep. I know most of this is just in my head because it hasn't been enough time for any kind of withdrawal to start.

.. but this has me thinking, I want to get off it. I just don't know how or what to do. I live with 3 roommates and the house is not somewhere I can detox from suboxone on for however many weeks it takes. I am so frustrated, and depressed. I feel really weak because its only been 2 days and I can barely function emotionally. My life is flying by me the last 3 years. Everyone is getting college degrees and dating and I decline invitations to parties and to hang out because I'd rather hide away playing videos games with my suboxone. This isn't anyway to live. This sounds really whiney in my head, but I feel this is a place I won't be judged.

I mean.. do people go to some rehab facility to get off suboxone? I would feel so stupid going to rehab or a detox place to get off it.. but every time I've tried to get off it I relapse because I get stressed at work or my roommates and it's too much to cope with with getting off suboxone.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Drezden, there's lots of support, hope and healing here. Have you talked to your doctor about the pharmacy being out of Suboxone? Maybe they can help you out. I would also talk to them about safely tapering you down off of the suboxone. I've never tried it, but I've heard it can be abused just the same as other opiates.

~Pandie