Notices

What drug comes in small glass vials?

Old 03-23-2012, 09:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What drug comes in small glass vials?

My spouse has been snorting bath salts then he said he switched to glass cleaner. It is sold legally at smoke shops. But I keep finding these one and a half inch vials of white powder. The vials are clear glass with a black top. Is this meth or coke? Is he lying again? He snorts it and his nose is all messed up. What does glass cleaner look like when you buy it? Is there a place where I could get it tested?
Old 03-23-2012, 09:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((Windblown))) - I have no answer to your question.

I do want to ask you a question...is all that he's doing okay with you? Is this how you want to live your life (spoken from someone who spent two DECADES with addicts/alcoholics).

Does it really matter what he's abusing? He may change to something else any day. Regardless, and again, speaking to you as a recovering addict, he is way more focused on his "stuff" than he is your relationship and you deserve better.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 03-23-2012, 09:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Cocaine.

Not that it matters.

I suggest you ask yourself the questions posted by Impurrfect above . She is right, you do deserve better.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks guys. So much craziness going on...the lies, insanity...we are going to a marriage counsellor next week, I am in Alanon...I have threatened divorce...I am trying to be patient. Some days I let go really well...and others...I am in screwy land.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

(((Windblown))) - I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but marriage counseling rarely works, when an A is involved, unless they are working recovery.

He's going to say whatever he thinks he needs to, just to get you off his back and continue doing what he wants...it's what we A's do. Personally, I'd get a therapist or councelor for you.

Your gut is telling that he's using..when I finally started trusting MY gut, it hasn't proven me wrong yet. Whatever he's using? THAT is what he's most concerned about. The agreement for marriage counseling is just a manipulation to keep you where you are..with him, and putting up with his actions.

BTW, I'd be getting all valuables out of his reach, as far as limiting or removing his access to bank accounts. If it's cocaine he's doing? It's expensive, and the addict will seel/pawn whatever they can to get their dope. When I was fairly new to crack, I was arrested and came home to a 1800 square foot home totally empty. Mye ex had had one helluva part, and everything I owned, including my dead mother's wedding ring were gone.

I'm sorry if I sound like "debbie downer" but I just want you to be aware of what can go on so you can be prepared
Old 03-27-2012, 06:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
I Am Burning ; I Will Rise

@windblown Short of testing or using whatever is in those vials, you won't know. It could be anything from Meth or Coke to ground up pills or "bath salts" and "glass cleaner"........none of which sound particularly smart or healthy. No one needs to tell you Meth or Coke is bad, duh, but seriously? Snorting bath salts? Glass cleaner!? You didn't mention if you condone this use, or rather, not condone it but not exactly stopping it either. If these are the same "bath salts" being sold around the country then he can rest assured that he will end up in a coma or dead as a lot of these kids are who are trying that crap. Have you mentioned to him that it's not normal to snort "glass cleaner"? I don't mean to add to the negative feeling of this, for I really hope he does get clean and you salvage your marriage - but I can say as an addict for years.....they really will say and do whatever it is that needs to be to get back to their DOC. It's just how it is when you're addicted. He might care, he might feel guilty and ashamed, but that won't stop him. And counseling will fail if he isn't focused on it, and he won't be, because an addict is always focused on their drug. Even if he was really trying in counseling, how much progress could you make when you know fully well that his continued drug use is just making it worse again and again? I really hope you find a way to approach this and get him to straighten out, but he needs to actually want it too. Good luck.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sounds like cocaine, although lately.....it could be just about anything. I live in Georgia and heard on the news last night that they finally made Spice (supposedly synthetic marijuana) illegal in the state. That's a start, maybe? This stuff is nuts and I think it is along the lines of bath salts....or maybe they were commonly sold in the same type of stores or something.....heck if I know? All I do know is Spice and bath salts were both legal and we had story after story after story on the local (Savannah area) 6 o'clock news about people smoking/snorting this stuff and going bat %$#% crazy. One guy even beat his girlfriend to death because he thought she was the devil. No thank you!!! Whatever it is Windblown......please protect yourself! There is some crazy stuff out there these days!
Old 03-28-2012, 10:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Windblown,
You're at a very serious crossroads right now. I will tell you right now that your spouse will not quit unless he wants to quit.
I will state for the record that if he is in deep addiction, this will not be a matter of asking him to quit - and he will. Often, this is a mater of telling him, "it's either the drugs or me. Make your choice right now". I can't tell what he'll say or do but if you're marriage means enough to him, he'll make the right choice. Depending how deep he's in, he will most likely need some professional help.
If this were my situation I'd let my spouse know that this is a one time offer. If accepted, There are no do-overs and NO second chances.

You need to understand that you have the choice of being married to an addict *OR* a husband. Being married to an addict will mean a life of lies, money problems, and very possible legal problems.

Ask yourself what would happen if you and your husband were pulled over for a traffic stop and illegal narcotics were found. You would most likely be held just as responsible for the drugs as he is. What were to happen if he hid drugs in your car and you got pulled over and they were discovered? YOU my dear would be charged with a felony and your life as you know it would be over. Your future would consist of minimal employment and a record that would follow you to your grave. You would also be known as "that girl that got busted for drugs". If you have kids, your children would always be "without" because their mom couldn't get a good job.

So, does what I'm saying hit home with you?

You have some serious decisions to make and everyone one of them depends on what your spouse does after this. You have the power so use it wisely.
I'm sure your marriage means a lot to you. I know that mine means EVERYTHING to me.
Be strong but be firm. The rest of your life depends on what you and your spouse does from here on out.

Godspeed dear!
Old 07-15-2012, 06:30 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi, I am new to this group but this post caught my eye. He is not lying to you. It is called Clear which is what sometimes is a sticker on the top of the black top, somtimes it is not on there. It comes in a bag with a label of clear glass cleaner on it. Comes in 2 different ways. One is a pure white powder the other is called Clear Brown. I have a friend that has been using it and I was quite concerned myself. I since have been trying to find information on the internet but there is not much out there on it. Well the city she gets it in has placed a ban on the substance's in the Law that has just been signed by Obama and that is the only substance that is still being sold. I went in and asked the clerk in the store how the ban was going to effect this substance and they told me it is not going to matter this has none of the illegal substances in it. I dont know if using this is bad or not but I guess it's an individual's choice and i know i would much rather have someone doing that over something more serious. I hope knowing he really didnt lie to you clears some of your worries up I can tell you my friend has been doing this since November and she seems fine but it doesn't mean everyone is going to have the same effects. As long as he isnt using the entire thing all at once then he should be ok. I hope I helped. Good luck and please keep me posted. I wish your family well.
Old 07-15-2012, 06:39 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Many women end up in jail because they have men in their lives who are buying or carrying.and they are with them in a car and get stopped and.... Fill in the blanks.

Your future is in danger. He doesn't care if that happens to you. So you have to. If you don't then no one else will.