Notices

No fear in the now

Old 03-05-2012, 09:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

No fear in the now

I came across this video the other day and wanted to share it. After I first saw this, I had to watch it again, and then again until something clicked in my mind.

When we first go through the W/D we suffer greatly but after time, things get better.
When we are going through the recovery process, we all experience the fear of what happens next. We fight this tremendous mental battle. We constant ask ourselves "what next". What will happen next week, next month, next year?
As recovering addicts, we have to be concerned with today.

No fear in the now. [VIDEO]
Old 03-05-2012, 09:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
*Grateful*

Holy Cow! that is about the best minute and 36 second youtube I have heard in a while. Isn't that the truth? Loved it and thanks for sharing!

Lily
Old 03-05-2012, 09:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Pretty deep stuff huh? And it only took 90 seconds. If you let it sink in, a whole new perspective opens up doesn't it?
Old 03-05-2012, 07:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes - fear is the root of most emotional negativity and stress. Ivan, I appreciate your post and agree that most anxieties are irrational. It's also important to keep in mind that it's a deeply engrained survival instinct and is part of being human. Nobody, (no, not even buddhist monks), are above this, so don't expect yourself out to be. However, all the added irrational stress aside, the ability to anticipate events in the future has served our species extremely well. It comes with having an evolved brain.

What I always try to do is just stay balanced and keep things in perspective. Things often aren't as serious as we make them out to be. When your rooted in this way, then your entire reality and the way you perceive the world around you will change. It's a pretty powerful thing, -- though you will always worry ect.

If your interested in this sort of spiritual stuff that you posted, you should read Eckhart Tolle's books Power of Now and A New Earth (if you haven't already). It's good, helpful stuff.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

So are just trying to tell us all we are INSANE? j/k.

Very good clip.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
I Am Burning ; I Will Rise

Very cool post. Good point made. I'm a big fan of Eastern philosophies...I like this. Thanks.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Love that, Ivan! I like the Eastern philosophy stuff too.