Notices

My new DOC - Health/Life

Old 03-02-2012, 05:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I Am Burning ; I Will Rise

Talking My new DOC - Health/Life

Today is Day 7 for me!! I'm so happy! Tried Melatonin last night....sort of worked for an hour, then I woke up wide awake for another 2.5 hours...eventually got back to sleep after switching two beds, one couch, one floor and nearly a dozen positions, to wake back up in another two hours, and fall back asleep for one before just getting up early....so I'll keep at it and see how the next few days go. I feel pretty crappy today because of all that....but I realized I'm sitting here, looking at my breakfast and buffet of vitamins that I never took before and think "These are my new drugs....and Life will be my new high." I've lost on so many things I used to love and good times I passed because I was too buzzed to function or doing anything would make me nauseous...I stopped writing, drawing, playing guitar as much, working out, missed my friends, betrayed family, lost my health completely....never again....I'm taking my life back, even if this crap lasts all of March....by April I will be Me again, a new, better Me. On to Day 7! Oh and Good Morning everyone!
Old 03-02-2012, 06:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
I am one of those "high on life" people too. Even 5 years later I get a fair amount good natured eye-rolling from others about my "sh!tting rainbows" attitude, but that's cool.
Originally Posted by Stopdropburn
I'm taking my life back
Right on!
Old 03-02-2012, 08:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Stop...

Awesome for you. The insomnia will eventually go away. I am very happy for you and from now on every day will be better. You will go back to doing some of the things that you loved. I am slowly going back to working out. I used to be in great shape and not anymore. It will come back though. Enjoy the new beginnings. Make sure you have tools to deal with life's curve balls and crap that will be sent your way.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

@sober I've never been one of those people, ever. But I would like to be....and I believe if I program myself to think that way while I'm in this transition it will be that much easier to make it real when this passes. I have some depression and anxiety issues to combat as well, so it can only help to change my frame of thinking to a more positive one. I hope I'm looking back in 5 years at 5 years of sober happiness too. Congrats! And thank you

@like I'm a light sleeper as it is, having been insomniatic for years, so I'm hoping the regular Melatonin schedule will help with that. Still have some craving and chills, but it's gradually getting better.....I know it would be much better if I could sleep a night!! Ah well, soon, soon...
Old 03-02-2012, 01:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stopdropburn View Post
Today is Day 7 for me!! I'm so happy! Tried Melatonin last night....sort of worked for an hour, then I woke up wide awake for another 2.5 hours...eventually got back to sleep after switching two beds, one couch, one floor and nearly a dozen positions, to wake back up in another two hours, and fall back asleep for one before just getting up early....so I'll keep at it and see how the next few days go. I feel pretty crappy today because of all that....but I realized I'm sitting here, looking at my breakfast and buffet of vitamins that I never took before and think "These are my new drugs....and Life will be my new high." I've lost on so many things I used to love and good times I passed because I was too buzzed to function or doing anything would make me nauseous...I stopped writing, drawing, playing guitar as much, working out, missed my friends, betrayed family, lost my health completely....never again....I'm taking my life back, even if this crap lasts all of March....by April I will be Me again, a new, better Me. On to Day 7! Oh and Good Morning everyone!
Congrats on Your Day 7 !

All those things that you stopped doing; especially those things that are an expression of yourself; like writing & drawing, playing the guitar.....
I like to think that when you start these again you will be pulling from a much deeper well of experience; the joy you find in them; will just be that much greater for you.

I love this: "your buffet of vitaimins are your new drugs"
Old 03-03-2012, 01:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

All of yesterday seemed to be a wash after my post. I started feeling sick, getting worse chilks and bad cravings. Cant sleep now. But going to get through this. Wish I wasn't sick now too, but I hear it's common in w/d. I've seen some horror stories and people made it through, I will too.