Notices

racing thoughts

Old 02-28-2012, 07:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

racing thoughts

at certain periods of day i will experience a lack of ability to concentrate on any one thing..my mind races and hops from one topic to another ..is this normal while going through withdrawals?...what usually causes this ?....sometimes when my mind races i feel my pulse beating faster..in spirts ..normal ???
Old 02-28-2012, 10:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It may be associated with withdrawls... ?

My thoughts have been racing intensly since I quit drinking a little over two weeks ago.I cant concentrate,cant sleep most nights either...It sucks,but I can handle it no doubt.It just sucks-Ive been really scatter-brained recently. Im sure if its not linked with anything more serious,mine will go away after a lil while.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I've been recently getting clean myself and can definitely related to the racing thoughts. Especially since I am attempting a benzo taper. I dont think you mentioned what drug you may be withdrawing from, but I personally (my opinion) think that it is very likely a symptom of withdrawal. Our brains have adapted to whatever drug we were using and now there is some adapting being done to our brains missing those drugs.

I think the racing thoughts are a combo of our brain rewiring ourselfs, and a bit of psychological anxiety over the obstacles that we are facing (definitely stressful)
Old 02-29-2012, 03:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

^ oops my bad ..alcohol/nicotine.ive been off the nicotine for a little longer then i have the booze..