Notices

Loss of Interest normal?

Old 02-28-2012, 06:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Loss of Interest normal?

Is lost of interest in something part of the withdrawal symptoms ???..
Old 02-28-2012, 07:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ressurectJ View Post
Is lost of interest in something part of the withdrawal symptoms ???..
Oh yeah! Took me awhile to feel more apart of life and to find things that I was interested in again.

My problem was everything I was interested in before I was dosed. slowly I found things that before I was using started to re interest me. Somethings came back some I still stay away from yet because they remind me of bad times.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I don't know for sure if it would be listed as a withdrawl symptom,but I know for a fact I sure the heck have extreme loss of most things (intrest,appetite,sleep,emotions ect) when I've had withdrawls from alc. or drugs.

My most recent thing has been alcohol.And Im in the middle of recording a project with a buddy of mine.Id say about 75% done.And now Im stuck.Im 2+ weeks clean and sober,but I dont have a creative bone in my body right now.I can't write,I can't do much and Im ok with dealing with the process.But what perfect timing,ay? hehehe...

You just gotta ride it out,man.Its totally worth losing a few things,to gain a lifetime!
Old 02-28-2012, 09:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
happy cleaning windows

I don't know exactly what's normal when it comes to recovery because many of the specific challenges to one's personal sobriety seem to be unique to that person.

For me it wasn't so much a matter of losing interest in things as much as I was putting so much emotionally into recovery in the earliest stages that I didn't have a lot left over for other things. It did get better for me though, and more quickly than I had anticipated.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

i , also, dont know about what is normal. I do know that I have little to no interest in anything after 3 weeks. My life consists of sleeping and eating, i feel like a bump on a log. But i have no motivation to do anything else.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
happy cleaning windows

Well, I think depression can be a part of the early process for a lot of people (myself included) and it can certainly adversely effect motivation.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

well its like ..i have the interest to want to do it ..but its not as strong because there are times where i find it hard to concentrate ..and or focus..none of my past goals ..have been mixed in with my alcohol addiction ..but its just like my energy level is down at times.ive been getting back into the groove of acting ..ive been actively looking for auditions each week and have been booking them..and going as well as getting some acting gig's ..its just that i'd like have the drive to practice my craft more ..and alot of times its a fleeting feeling..like i started with a solid idea for a script and ive probably typed bout 4 pages worth ..(im writing a short film script which is usually 20-30 pages)..and i just hit a roadblock ..for the past two weeks i've just been like Blahhh!!!...
Old 02-29-2012, 03:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Like you I still have times were I just don't have the drive maybe is the best word. My memory sucks. Well life just sucks right know for me but I tell myself others have it worse. The saying everyday gets better ummm not everyday! But to be positive we can get back to our old self. I keep saying well it took this long to screw my life up maybe it will take that long to get it back.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:46 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
I Am Burning ; I Will Rise

I've noticed this in some respect as well. Rather, I have the interest in my hobbies, but my mind is so locked onto this process of detoxing that I almost don't have the energy or ability to be creative once I try to pursue those hobbies. A big factor for me at the moment on Day 6 is focus of my mind and sight, both of which are still a bit shaky and clouded. Hoping that passes soon. Also, depression is a big part of this, and if you're anything like myself, already having depression and anxiety issues before all this, then it stands to reason that it's going to be that much worse while our bodies are finding homeostasis and regularity again. Stay strong, keep going forward. Take one step at a time. Good luck.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:44 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

^yeah i get he anxiety in the morning early to mid mornings and sometimes in the evenings and the depression also is very evident in the morning ..i was talking to a coworker today .He said that now that he got paid today he was going to let loose tonight for a little bit with the fellas .have a few beers..i replied sobriety sucks that i havent been going out because ive been trying to quit .He asked why i was quitting and i had told him..i didnt like the way i felt the days following the day after i drank or wouldnt drink..He stated that,that feeling was do to lack of sleep ..because when you drink and pass out .your not getting a full sleep in .He stated that Sleep and passing out or two different things ..when you pass out your body is working off the alcohol that and your dehydrated ...So you dont get a full nights sleep ..or you dont get a full rest while having drank..He was like just think back to when you went to bed .late..when you have to get up you feel the same way ..So i guess according to him ..getting alot of Sleep is key ..which over this next month i plan on doing ...i even set and alarm to be in bed at 10pm ..last month..this month the month of march .im shooting for 930 by the end of the month .at least during the work week
Old 03-01-2012, 07:13 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
I Am Burning ; I Will Rise

Awesome. I just got a bunch of vitamins and good, healthy food and Melatonin tonight. Hope it helps put me out. I know I personally need a serious change in diet too. Good idea setting a regular schedule, I should do that as well. About the alcohol, to me....getting drunk still leaves a crappy feeling, during and after, I drink rarely for that reason. But your body does process things differently when you're sleeping, so I sort of see where he was going. And barely sleeping sure isn't helping. But good luck with everything. Update soon.