Notices

Heroin

Old 02-11-2012, 07:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Heroin

I am a heroin addict...Im so stupid and need someone whos been there or is there to talk to...i have no one to relate to or talk to...i feel like iam dying alone...i was almost 30 days clean, but just spent 400 dollars this week falling off the wagon...i dont know what to do...i just wanna be clean again!
Old 02-11-2012, 08:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hope88 View Post
I am a heroin addict...Im so stupid and need someone whos been there or is there to talk to...i have no one to relate to or talk to...i feel like iam dying alone...i was almost 30 days clean, but just spent 400 dollars this week falling off the wagon...i dont know what to do...i just wanna be clean again!
Never was on heroin but I took plenty of opiates which are in the same family. Fentanyl, oxy, ect... I'm 30 days clean and fight everyday to some amount the want or need to feel normal, or to get a break from the way I feel sober.

But as you know it's just a roller coaster ride. People make mistakes and you made one don't let that be an excuse to your sobriety. I have been fighting the alone feeling seems hard to be with friends though. You must take every day , or hour at a time. You can P.M. Me if you want to talk private. It helped me.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((Hope88))) - Welcome to SR!

Though I did have a period when I severely abused opiates (not heroin, but morphine, fentanyl, dilaudid, etc.) I never crossed the line into addiction. However, I did get addicted to crack and am still dealing with a few of the messes I made of my life almost 5 years later, but I am still very grateful for recovery.

SR has been a huge help in my recovery, and I've found I can relate to a lot of people, no matter what their DOC (drug of choice) is. I hope you keep reading and posting. I know I felt as addicted to the needle as the dope..that took time to get over, but I did. Now, like when I was in the ER with my dad last week, it's just a reminder of "oh yeah, definitely glad I don't do THAT any more!!!"

You are not stupid. You're an addict, just like the rest of us here, and you can learn how not to let H or any other substance control your life.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 02-11-2012, 09:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
NAIOU

I was on heroin iv for a couple of years. It was not good. Heroin took away everything that I had worked so hard for. Believe me you are not alone. You are in the right place here at SR. People really do care here. It is time to stop the insanity and get off of the roller coaster. For me I had to get a program that would restore me to sanity. Try and get to a meeting as soon as possible. For me it was NA. It does not matter what you think or feel get to a meeting as soon as possible. What did I have to change about myself? I had to change everything. The main thing I had to change was don't hang out with the old play mates in the old play grounds. These are some of the things I have to do to stay away from heroin. You can do this if you try hard enough. Hope this helps. We are here for you. You are not alone.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hope88 View Post
Hope88,
I'm just taking this opportunity to say you're not alone. You are not the first, and certainly will not be the last to go through the pain we've all endured. Keep in mind this forum is absolutely awesome and the people here are great... they help with everything. (if you didn't already know)

I never IVed anything, but I did do a bump of dope every now and again to get by. I just want to tell you there is life after drugs. If you can break the death grip they have on you right now, you will be able to live your life in every way you wanted to. You don't want to look back and say, "I wish I would have, but now I can't". It will just keep ruining your life until you put a stop to all of it. It kept destroying mine until I destroyed it. All possibilities are available to you. This support base can guide you through every struggle you might possibly have. The foundation is here. It is entirely up to you how you use it. You were clean for 30 days. What's to say that you couldn't be sober for the rest of your life? You did great by being sober by 30 days! Don't beat yourself up because you relapsed. We all do. Focus on stopping it from happening again.

I don't mean to sound harsh. I hope you find it within yourself to win the battle. For everything else we are always here.

-DB
Old 02-16-2012, 05:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

ex heroin addict here too

Hi, im new here, im also an ex heroin addict. Trust me, i know its tough, im still going thru a very hard time and have been off it since late november. I need a friend also. That alone feeling is just overwhelming me, and now im going thru panic attacks and anxiety! We can make though so if you need someone to talk to feel free to contact me.