Notices

Success Stories

Old 02-10-2012, 11:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Success Stories

Hi everyone. I have been on this site for over 2 years now and have seen many people come and go, including myself. I know what helped me that most during my darkest hours was stories of success and hope. I have now been clean from all opiates for over 200 days. While I wont tell you that everything gets better over night I will say that life has become so much more manageable. I lost my house, and my great job after I got clean but I still didn't pick up. Eventually we all need to pay the piper for the neglect that came about from using but I can't say how happy I am to be living sober one day at a time. Life isn't easy I continue to struggle with the horrible actions I did and the pain I caused my family and loved ones while using. BUT, life is definitely better on the other side. For those of you going through withdrawals now just remember that if you want your life back bad enough you never need to go through this again. If you haven't hit rock bottom yet, get out while you still can. NA/AA was a godsend to me in my early recovery and I still attend weekly meetings to remind me why I never want to go back to living life as a addict. While I will always be an addict I don't need to act upon it and use. So for today and for this afternoon or even just for this hour, I'm going to chose to stay clean Big shout out to FT and Juiceman. These two people inspired me to get clean and I hope I can do the same for someone else. Lots of love and my sincerest best wishes and prayers for all who struggle with addiction.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow....I log on to this site today and it's this thread. Awesome

I am 69 days clean of opiates today.....I abused pills for so many years it was crazy...NA and AA have literally saved my life as well. Until you fully give in to your addiction and get help, in my opinion, it's just a matter of time until you use again.....NA Has given me a new, amazing life.

If I can get clean, so can all of you....God Bless and good luck