Notices

Intense Group and Therapy

Old 02-01-2012, 08:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Intense Group and Therapy

I had my little slip up a week ago, but I've come to realize that those are part of the learning and healing process. Since reconnecting with my therapist, I've began the long road to recovery. I had my first day with the Relapse Prevention group, and the Concurrent Disorders groups. It's a lot to take in, you're doing four hours of this stuff a day, but it helps.

A few people (myself included from time to time), often say that they've heard all this, "feelings", "emotions" and, "coping" jargon, and yet they find themselves drawn back to it. It doesn't matter how many times you've taken a group, gone to detox, gone to rehab, or slipped. Your mind eventually clicks and begins to tell you that, "enough is enough". You could hear stuff like this a thousand times over, but even if you've heard it all those times, once you, "click", the path to recovery will truly begin.

Of course, I'm probably being seen as someone who might be abusing this forum, but coming here and seeing the stories that people have told, and the experiences of so many others made me realize that I'm not alone, and that there are people out there who need my help, just as much as I need theirs. I guess I'm still just flying high from finally getting a chance to physically connect with other people, but I just though that I would start throwing bits and pieces of my recovery experiences out there.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome and I'm so glad your group experience has been a great one! You're inspiring me to go back to NA- I have not been to a meeting in a week.