Notices

if i had some, i'd be using right now

Old 01-14-2012, 12:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

if i had some, i'd be using right now

been kicking opies since sunday. im 45 female & this is the worst thing ever. so depressed, so sick, skin hurts, vomiting dirrhea, my 15 yr old son needs me & I cant even feed him laying in this bed. i just need some support
Old 01-14-2012, 01:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
sobriety date 5-2-12

I have no wise words for you, but hang in there.
Old 01-14-2012, 01:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you feel so low NA...I have no experience with your drug, but you have my support....hang in there - the way is forward

Please see a Dr if you're concerned.

I hope you will feel better soon

D
Old 01-14-2012, 01:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

Withdrawal is unbelievably uncomfortable. But you go through it once and it's over. It's worth it and you never have to repeat it.

If you truly cannot function, call a friend, tell they you are ill and can they help out with your son, or can he stay there awhile.

You will not be helping him by using again, but you will be helping him tremendously by staying clean.

I am so sorry, I know what you are feelings and suffering. If at all possible, lay back and just ride it, don't struggle, or engage yourself in it any more than you have to. It WILL pass. Drink as much water, and gatorade as possible, and breathe your way through it.
Old 01-14-2012, 01:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
MIND OF DESTRUCTIVE TASTE

Hi NewAttitude,

Hang in there, I promise you it WILL get better, although it may seem like it takes a lifetime. I'm currently kicking Fentanyl c/t and am in hell on Day 3. SR is a huge support for me, esp. when I am struggling because I draw strength and inspiration from others. You can do this! I have a 4 yr old autistic preschooler I am fully responsible for, I'm literally having to crawl around to make myself move and feed her. She needs me so I am pushing thru, don't have a choice...my husband can't even be bothered to stop playing computer games to help me out. It's hard but you can pull thru this and it can be the LAST time you use. If you need to, go to the hospital, there are certain meds that can help you thru the worst w/d's. There are also vitamins and supplements that I am using at night that help with the restlessness. Keep reading, posting and hanging in there.

-Jess
Old 01-14-2012, 03:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

New Attitude - I just posted on your other thread. Saw on this one your age. Just wanted you to know I was 57 last year when I went through all this (and am female) and quite a few of us are in our 40s and 50s on SR. I wish I had entered recovery committed as I am now back in my 40s. Please try to do it now and not wait like I did. I was on the opiate pill roller coaster for about 20 years plus. This is the first time in all those years I have made it this long and I honestly believe SR has made a significant difference for me. I never knew so many others were walking the same path as me. Many stories sound so much like mine it is scary. We are all here for you
Old 01-14-2012, 03:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you TheReader. it is quite amazing how similar many of our stories are. the drugs make you feel so low, that you are the only one going thru this pit. people like you are helping me hang on, so thank you again
Old 01-14-2012, 04:01 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

NewAttitude,
I'm 44 myself.... Let be assure you that everytime you W/D and the older you get... The worse it is!
Old 01-14-2012, 04:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

NewAttitude,
I'm 44 myself.... Let me assure you that everytime you W/D and the older you get... The worse it is!
Old 01-14-2012, 04:12 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

The more times you relapse the harder it is to finally quit, I know it's hard and painful but think about the fact that if you do give in some people don't make it back out. It really does get harder the more times you relapse. Sometimes a relapse happens but by you coming here and posting shows that you really don't want to relapse and you're serious about getting off opiates. The pain will pass and each day will get better, it really does. All the physical stuff as uncomfortable as it is will pass, just make you're getting alot fluids and relaxing.
Old 01-14-2012, 04:27 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by struggles79 View Post
The more times you relapse the harder it is to finally quit, I know it's hard and painful but think about the fact that if you do give in some people don't make it back out. It really does get harder the more times you relapse. Sometimes a relapse happens but by you coming here and posting shows that you really don't want to relapse and you're serious about getting off opiates. The pain will pass and each day will get better, it really does. All the physical stuff as uncomfortable as it is will pass, just make you're getting alot fluids and relaxing.
thank you so much. for some reason your post made me cry, but in a good way I think. i really do want to get better, its just so hard to see the light, that this will pass...or that i will ever feel normal again...
Old 01-14-2012, 04:29 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by IvanKatz View Post
NewAttitude,
I'm 44 myself.... Let me assure you that everytime you W/D and the older you get... The worse it is!
ivan, i love your tag line, about being spiritual beings going thru a physical experience..thats powerful
Old 01-14-2012, 04:30 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I'm 15 days out and feeling like a million dollars. Still feel lethargic but forcing myself to push through the day. It is VERY important that you move!!!!!!!!
When you move and flex those muscles, it makes your brain heal faster!
Old 01-14-2012, 04:32 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

crying like a baby

is anyone else crying like a baby during w/d? everything is making me cry, even writing this. not like sorry for myself, just feeling things again is overwhelming.
Old 01-14-2012, 04:39 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I have been VERY emotional!!!!!! I'm a big guy who has been through child abuse, war, death, etc... Not much affects me! Seriously!!!!! I've seen plenty and developed a tough mental attitude in my years of experiences.
But going through W/D turns me inside out. In my experience, this IS part of the healing process! Think about this for a moment from a physiological aspect. Your brain has been re-wired due to the narcotics blasting your opiod receptors for a long time. Your brain STOPPED making it's own feel good chemicals.
The emotional rollercoaster is the brains way of repairing itself.
You're doing good! What you are going through is NORMAL! This takes time. I know that is NOT what you want to hear because of the pain... Pain.... Pain!!!!
But know that you are on the mend. In a few days, the physical W/D will be gone.
Every day gets a little better!
Back me up here folks!
Old 01-14-2012, 04:41 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

It's normal to feel emotional cause with using opiates it kinda blocks out your emotions. When I was using I was like a zombie, no emotion at all. No happiness just angry, despair and depression. When I was W/D I cried watching Moulin Rouge(don't judge me, there was nothing else on TV, lol) so it's ok to be emotional. It's your body and mind trying to work things out which is a good sign.

After a few weeks I started to feel a bit more normal. I could laugh, be upset or just be. It was like an emotional roller coaster but if you give it time it will even out in the end. Try to watch some funny movies or like Ivan said find some stuff to do to keep you active and distracted for a bit.
Old 01-14-2012, 04:41 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
FT

Hi there,

I don't want to ignore your thread. I feel so bad for you. I think you saw the big long post I made on another thread here earlier, which addresses some of this kind of stuff.

This too shall pass. Even if it does not appear to be so right now.

FT
Old 01-14-2012, 06:28 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

It will get a little better every day until you feel great again, better than you ever did on drugs. It's hard to believe but it is true. Many of us oldtimers in here that kicked in our 40s and 50s. I actually think it is easier on me now than when I was young. I just didn't have the tools to get through anything as difficult as withdrawal when I could just use again to get better. I admire young people who come in to recovery in their 20's and stick and stay and get better, get houses, get years of clean time, get married, all that. I think it's great. I wish I had it together at age 25. I wasted so much time.
Old 01-14-2012, 08:35 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

Originally Posted by NewAttitude View Post
is anyone else crying like a baby during w/d? everything is making me cry, even writing this. not like sorry for myself, just feeling things again is overwhelming.
Oh yes definitely and I rarely EVER cry. In my case, it's not just the physical withdrawal that has this effect on me, but the withdrawal farther down the line when I truly experience NOT turning to using in response to my feelings. Then, there I am with emotions, and I find that strong emotion in general make me cry, not just sadness.

I am going through a period of this now, as various challenges have rendered me emotional. And the funny thing is that what triggers the tears is often NOT something that seems directly related to the source of my upset.

Here I am, responding to life in ways I am not used to. I am having a sort of "welcome to the human race" experience going on.

I find it running in cycles in my own recovery.
Old 01-15-2012, 06:36 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Keep pushing through. There's a certain pride that comes with surviving opiate withdrawal and maintaining abstinence after. I can't explain it, but it stays with me to this day - though I never tell anybody I'm proud of it. It's a very personal thing. It made me a stronger, yet kinder and more compassionate person. Nothing I experience in life will ever be as painful and soul-crushing than that was.