Notices

first real 'temptation'

Old 01-14-2012, 05:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

first real 'temptation'

I am really struggling right now. Going to meet friends to hang out and i am panicking. I feel like i NEED to take a Xanax. I hate this feeling. How do you all deal with feeling like this?
Old 01-14-2012, 06:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
TheMostSordidSpotOnEarth

Pray for help to get through it, get to a meeting and find a sponsor that can take you through the program of recovery. I no longer have any desire to use, at all, ever. There is a clear-cut path to freedom. I'm sending you my best wishes and much love. SIU
Old 01-14-2012, 06:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Tgif, i'm 4 months 3 days off crack, 1 year 6 months 4 days sober and i just "suffer through" the temptations, but its not as bad as in the beginning.
Old 01-14-2012, 06:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I ended up taking some. So i will start again tomorrow.

Thanks guys!
Old 01-14-2012, 06:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tgif View Post
I am really struggling right now. Going to meet friends to hang out and i am panicking. I feel like i NEED to take a Xanax. I hate this feeling. How do you all deal with feeling like this?
Getting out a being with friends can be your best medicine! You just have to tell yourself you're going to have fun. I know that it's a mental thing but YOU CAN DO IT!
You have to re-train your brain and getting out there is your first step.
I've been off my pain medication for ONLY two weeks (16 days now). Week one I did not want to have to deal with any one or anything. Week two I forced myself to "get out there"! Guess what, It was my best medicine. Last Sunday I went to church and had a good time. The next Wed night I went to our church dinner and actually laughed! The next day I went to dinner with friends and laughed again.
Big thing is, I told myself I was going to have fun! Despite that little voice in my head that said I couldn't unless I had my "meds"...