Notices

Will I w/d??

Old 01-11-2012, 11:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Will I w/d??

I am new here but have been coming to this site for a few years now to read others stories, cry, and get inspired. I have been in and out of treatment a few times with the longest period of sobriety being about 14 months with help of CA. I am a pain pill addict but went to CA and liked it. My question is I have relapsed and been using Ultram and hydrocodone for the last month alternating the two. I took 12 5/500 hydros yesterday and today have taken one.
I am wondering if I will w/d. I do not think this asking for medical advice but please advise if I am wrong. I am starting over again and am done with the pills. I have 3 left and will use them as needed if I feel w/d. So far I feel fine physically. I am weepy and depressed but know this will pass. Thanks for reading. God bless us all, this is so hard.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Perhaps you will experience some W/D but perhaps you should embrace it. Taking that much acetaminophen is going to KILL YOU LIVER!!!
Welcome to day one of your sobriety. We are here for you.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((Fighting))) - Welcome to SR!! I don't know about the withdrawals, but I agree with ((Ivan)) - that stuff is really hard on your liver, and even if you do have withdrawals, it can be the last time.

FWIW, I lurked here for a looooong time before signing on, too. SR has always been great, but it's even greater when we start opening up and reaching out

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 01-11-2012, 01:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi all! Thanks so much for responding. I made a dr's appt. to hopefully wean. Will be admitting I relapsed. He knows my situation . Scared but need to be humbled. Again. Appt at 4 today.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

God Speed and good luck. You're not alone and getting help is the first step.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you made a Drs appointment, fighting for me - it really is the best way to go...none of us are doctors.

welcome to SR - best of luck with the appointment

D
Old 01-13-2012, 09:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well ... lots of unanswered questions ... is this as bad as your addiction has ever been ... 12 x 5 mg Hydro's (aka 60mg/day)? Is this about what you've taken for the last month, and you were clean before off opioids for awhile?

If that's the sitch, my prognosis is that the w/d's shouldn't be too terrible at all. You should embrace them, in fact. No other single thing is quite as useful in terms of staying clean ... as never wanting to back in w/d's again

Welcome to SR.com, btw ... you've come to the right place.
Old 01-15-2012, 06:45 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I felt compelled to write an update. I saw my dr. and he gave me a wean schedule. Yeah, that didn't go so well. I took 19 of the 24 vic's in one day. I then skipped one day and took 5 yesterday. I am now in mild w/d. It is nothing compared to what some of you have gone through but it is still painful and upsetting. I have 2 very young children but I did finally tell my husband so I have some help. I am getting ready to go to church just to get my mind off of things and rejuvinate the soul to make it through. Doc also gave me clonodine as needed although I have only taken it twice. I am glad to know it is there. Please see your dr. if you can. He really helped me even though I f-ed it up. I wanted to post this for anyone who has relapsed and is scared of w/d again or anyone who is just getting started on these pills. DO IT NOW and your suffering will not be that bad. JUST DO IT!!! Don't dig your self in a deeper hole. I am so grateful that I got out this time when I did. Each relapse seems to be a little longer. This is the longest one I have had and it is so lonely and so not worth it. I remember when I first got sober and coming home from meetings and just weeping out of pure joy. THanks SR. Babies are up, gotta go!
Old 01-15-2012, 09:02 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
FT

Hi Fightingforme,

I did the same thing with doctor-directed tapering, several times over.

In the end, I did a rapid 3-4 day taper with a handful of pills I had left from yet another prescription that was supposed to last 2 weeks and I blew through in 2 or 3 days.

Maybe just jump off now and get this w/d overwith. Your babies need you, yes, but YOU need you, too. You are important. Don't ever forget that.

Ft
Old 01-15-2012, 09:28 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Fighting ... yeah ... the thing to do would've been to tell the hubby when you got home w/those 24 ... and handing him the pills and the schedule. But you know that already, don't you

One other thing ... Church ... is great and all. But if you're going to invest that time and (some of your no-doubt limited) energy ... might I suggest a MEETING instead?

Church, when dopesick ... can be pretty depressing is the truth. But I suppose it's a little late now. How was it?
Old 01-15-2012, 11:16 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi bval! Yes, I am craving a meeting too. Church was good. One of my daughters goes there Monday through Thursday for daycare so she likes to go play while we are in mass. It wasn't depressing but I was very, very cold and could not concentrate. Just trying to pass some time.
Old 01-15-2012, 11:19 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

P.s. Bval- yes I totally knew to tell him then, what can I say? I am a dope fiend.