Notices

What a long, long 6 months its been

Old 01-10-2012, 02:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What a long, long 6 months its been

I last posted here on 6/30/11 when I was 34 days clean from heroin. My mind was set on not relapsing, attending meetings, and recovery. But I never did hit that 60 day clean mark. I first relapsed with Vicodin, going on one to two week binges with them. It then progressed to meth. I was doing meth at least 5 days out of the week since. I was pulled over at 2 AM in September and busted with meth by the police, was given a felony, and kept on using. I used heroin a few times during that time but it bored me and have been using either vicodin or xanax to come down and sleep. Today is day 1 completely drug free (:
Old 01-10-2012, 03:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

We are all glad to see you back. Many of us have ridden the roller coaster of off and on use for many years. I used opiate pills off and on for about 20 yrs and just now have my first clean year behind me in all that time. Before I would stay off 3 months, 6 months; use again for a year, change to a different opiate, use again, then stop - but never before for a full year.
We have all walked in your shoes and are here to support you.
I never found SR before January of 2011 and believe I was led here spiritually. This support group has really made all the difference to me. SR Rocks!
Old 01-10-2012, 03:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Glad you are drug free and here at SR. Thanks for posting.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((cwaddict))) - At one time I abused the heck out of opiates. Getting a criminal charge and losing my nursing license wasn't enough. Someone introduced me to crack, and I sunk about as low as you can get with that stuff.

I found out it was more than just not using, I had to change the way I thought, the people I hung out with, and other stuff. It was tough, at first, but SOOOO worth it. The great people here have been a tremendous amount of help.

Congrats on day 1!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy