Notices

Any idea's???

Old 12-12-2011, 11:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Tlh

Post Any idea's???

Hey guys I've been clean going on 9 days, but I still feel like crap I've been nursing this what people call flu like symptoms, which I've seen alot of people saying they have got the symptoms. So my question is if anyone has went through this horrible crap and can shed some light on my situation, also how long is it suppose to last?... It's so bad that I'm not getting any sleep, I feel like I'm going to hack up a lung, I've been sneezing, and the worse part is I can't hardly breath at night.... I'm going crazy!! Lol. Any advice would be great. Thank y'all
Old 12-13-2011, 05:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Tlh, sorry I didn't see your post till this morning. Yesterday was terrible for me. Who would have thout day 16 would be so bad? I've had the same thing over the last couple of days coupled with the shakes and nausea. Dayquil in the day and nyquil at night helped me. But seriously, I was on the ledge yesterday.....BIG TIME. I started posting about quitting on the forum where I used to get info on ordering meds. That has been my cyber family for so long, and I wanted my friends there to know what I was up to. I actually inspired a long time user to quit. He was only in Day 4 yesterday and was also having a really hard time. When he saw what a hard time I was having, he left me his phone number. He talked me off that ledge yesterday, thank God, because relapse is not an option. He sounded so much worse than me, and I don't want to go back there......again. Sorry, kinda got off topic. Cold meds help lol. I feel better today, I hope you do too

And Congratulations on Day 9! That's the longest you've made it!
Old 12-15-2011, 04:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Guys Hang in There,never give up.Congradulations on your Days Clean.
I feel for Both of you...You remind me of my First Days coming off Drugs.
Cold Symptoms,Colours getting Clearer,Hearing getting Better,Loud Music used to Irritate Me.
My Body and Mind was Returning to Normal........whatever that would be.
That was 25 years Ago.....I got Married Sense,Work,Have My Lovely Family,Own House...etc.........No Boast. I did this one Day at a Time.
I got Counciling,Attended AA,NA.
I am Now Attending ACA...........This is Where all the Crap comes from,
Not been able to cope with life without Help from Drink or in my Case.....Got addicted to Drugs for 20 years............I dont Know How I have Made it this far........There must be A Higher Power watching over me.Bless you Both.mc
Old 12-15-2011, 04:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
FT

A big thanks goes to Micealc who joins us from Ireland where it is probably the middle of the night! Micealc, you always have something uplifting and good to say.

I'll join you in encouraging Cassandra and Tlh, because it is so worth all of this misery you are now to get to the other side. It really does get so much better. One thing I learned in my own recovery is that detox, withdrawal, and recovery are NOT LINEAR. You begin your trajectory towards feeling better and resuming a normal life, but the path can be rough, especially in the first few weeks and months, and especially when you think you should feel better by now, only to have a few rough patches where you feel worse.

I used to blame all my "bad days" on drugs and alcohol, or withdrawing or hung over therefrom, only to find out that I still have "bad days", I still get sick, I still get tired, and many other things that are uncomfortable. That's just life, but off drugs and alcohol, the tools to live strong and healthy are not tainted by substances.

Hang in there, and know it will get better. Soon you will be on here telling others new to the process how it was for you, and encouraging them on, too.

FT