Notices

Sexuality and alcoholism/addiction

Old 11-17-2011, 11:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sexuality and alcoholism/addiction

I never have taken as much interest in sex as I think other people my age. Don't get me wrong, I like it, but I never have thought of it as highly as others. If I had the choice of either getting laid or having an 8ball of cocaine and a 30 case of beer I would take the latter. That''s if I had to choose one or the other. Even before I was using I didn't really take as much interest. Then again sex becomes an addiction for some and it would be different for them. If I was at a bar it was to pound down pitcher after pitcher of beer, never to pick up women.

I have seen studies that show dopamine levels during an orgasm are 100% higher than normal. With cocaine insufflated its like 133%, smoked probably way more and IVed probably even way more. I know IV meth is supposedly like 1000% more.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

As a heavy drinker I can tell you that testosterone levels are almost completely depleted.

Have you tried not using anything for like a week or two? See and feel what a difference it would make in your libido.

All the best.
Old 11-18-2011, 12:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SB686 View Post
As a heavy drinker I can tell you that testosterone levels are almost completely depleted.

Have you tried not using anything for like a week or two? See and feel what a difference it would make in your libido.

All the best.
Libido goes down when I get sober initially. I have made it two months and my libido was average. Could be depression or PAWS or whatever. Its kind of weird how your body adapts to whatever you abuse. I got my liver tested the day I was drinking and it was completely normal. Then they retested it a few weeks later after being completely sober and levels were a little dangerous because my liver was used to being overworked.

Oddly enough my ex-girlfriend said alcohol increased my libido. That could just be the effects of reduced inhibitions though as well.
Old 11-18-2011, 06:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Slayer, your post made me think back many years. I am a heterosexual male and I did have a great interest in the girls, but the chemicals came 1st. If the process of "courting" interfered with my buzz, it didn't happen.

I never even did the club/bar thing. I couldn't stand the thought of paying the price for 2 beers that would buy me a 12 pack that I could drink on a dirt road somewhere.

I guess the urge to buzz was greater than the urge to merge. Never really thought about it that way before.
Old 11-18-2011, 12:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I've seen clean from cocaine for almost 3 months and my sex drive is very low. My drug supporter worker has said that I am a little depressed, so this is probably why.