Notices

Could Lyrica have put me back at square one?

Old 11-08-2011, 12:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Could Lyrica have put me back at square one?

Hi Everyone -

I posted regarding this matter in the the Kicking the Ox thread and thought that I would broaden the reader pool a bit to see if anyone else might have a clue regarding Lyrica and the possibility of a set back. Today is supposed to be Day 27 free of the Oxy's for me - I am also someone that suffers from Endometriosis and am prescribed Lyrica and take 600mg from 7-9 days a month.

I took my Lyrica from October 27-November 5 - my last dose being around 9pm on the 5th. On Sunday, as well as yesterday, I felt really blue. I am hoping that this is just par for the course, seeing as how it is still pretty early in my recovery and that I am just having a few bad days. Has anyone on these threads heard of Lyrica causing a setback in recovery? Curiosity got the cat and I found a 24/7 chat for drug dependence and the fella that I chatted with thought that I have set myself back in my recovery because I used the Lyrica. He also felt that I needed to find a holistic means of pain relief for my Endometriosis. I hope that this isn't the case because Lyrica has been more effective in providing me pain relief from my Endometriosis than any Opiate ever did.

It is so discouraging to think that I may have set my recovery back, I really felt that I was doing so good. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I don't have to start at day one again.

Any thoughts on this matter would be greatly appreciated it...

AEIOU
Old 11-08-2011, 12:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

No it will not set you back at all as it's not an opiate. Lyrica works on the GABA receptors, not the opiate receptors. Lyrica and Neurontin (a similar, but less potent drug) are actually used quite often to help with opiate withdrawal. The only thing that can set you back would be another opiate.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'd say frazzle is right! Glad to hear it.

So you must have gotten the flu from your daughter. Hope you feel better soon.