Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Substance Abuse
Reload this Page >

I posted this in intro but maybe it's better here?

Notices

I posted this in intro but maybe it's better here?

Old 11-02-2011, 05:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
new and needing support

Unhappy I posted this in intro but maybe it's better here?

NEW and struggling big time re:Opiates
Hi, I'm C. I am 32 year old female from Canada
I stopped (eruptly) Oxycontin Halloween day. Not by choice but because I ran out.
I first started taking percocet/oxycontin roughly 4 years ago after a gallbladder surgery. I stopped well because the rx ran out. Then took to smoking a little pot just to try to get that "high" again. Never happened. Well a year after my GB surgery I get kidney stones, and hospitalized for a blockage. Again..percocet was RX'ed to me.

And to this day I can't quit. I get them legally, and prescribed them monthly because I have pain from stones...that can't be removed and I take more than prescribed and I'm out and withdrawal..BIG time. The mental withdrawal is the worst part..That constant gnawing of wanting it. I cannot for the life of me stop thinking of them! Being on this med for so long they don't even give me the euphoria anymore..I take them because I can't deal with the withdrawal, and having the feelings of being lonely etc. This pill helps cover the fact that life sucks. KWIM?

Anyhow, I'm tired of going through this every month; and I want to stop, and stay stopped. I have no friends or support system in real life. And I am scared to tell my doctor for a number of reasons.
I am crying since I 'quit' I need someone..anyone to get me through this.

There's more I could say! But I'll try to keep it brief as I can...
Old 11-02-2011, 06:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey there - I have been where you are - you are not alone.

Please keep posting and let us know how you are doing - this is a great place for support!!!
Old 11-02-2011, 06:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Soberrecovery is here to help

I hate what I am to. I've been sober since 7-10-2010 and today 51 days of crack. Never got assicted to oxycontin or pills but withdrawals are terrible in the beginning, but they do subside with time. I still just "suffer through" the cravings. You sound like you honestly want to quit so you will. Keep posting, people care and understand what you are going through. You'll make it.
neferkamichael
Old 11-02-2011, 06:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You can do it, I am going thru it right now. I am 36 hours into withdrawl. It sucks, but its managable. I pray constantly and just take one hour at a time. Soon it will turn to days at a time and then weeks , then months then years. You can do it. There are alot of people on here to help. If i can go thru it so can you, the human body can take alot, you remain positive and it can happen.