I think something is very wrong!

Old 10-31-2011, 09:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I think something is very wrong!

I am having horrible mood swings and depression along with the insomnia
to the point it is scaring me. I am getting only 0-2 hours sleep per nigh
right now...

But the thing that's worrying me on top of that is I keep having the
dry heaves and throwing up ever day. I think something is really wrong.

Maybe I need to go back on it and taper slowly, maybe cold turkey was
just to much of a shock to my system. I feel like I'm slowly dying and
I am so scared.

I can't stop crying and crying... I am in hell and all alone.

(Did anyone else have troubles with throwing up from withdrawl from Benzos?)
Old 10-31-2011, 09:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm the Benzo Withdrawal King. I went cold turkey from years of taking 20 milligrams of Klonopin. initially, I had zero sleep for 10 days and went insane, complete with psychotic episodes, seizures, I could go on and on.

Things got really bad a week into going cold turkey, and I dropped into the abyss at day 18.

Can you go to a doctor? Can you get to the emergency room? Benzo withdrawal is noting to take lightly. I tried to throw myself out a 22 story window and don't remember doing so.

Are you alone? I didn't vomit, but had every other symptom you read about. This is not the time to be alone and not the time to shun medical care.

And be very honest with ER or medical personnel about how much you were taking and what's going on.

Go to a doctor. Now.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sorry, i just woke up and read over some of your other posts. If you are weeks into withdrawal, you are out of the danger zone of going through what I did.

Yes, there are non-benzo means of getting sleep medication. I'm on a very low dose of Seroquel for sleep. For the depression, I take Zoloft. It works and it doesn't work.

I found that the only way I could get to a year of sobriety was AA and NA and to worth the steps with a sponsor.

I went through protracted withdrawal that was intense for 10 months, but I don't think you will face that.

Insomnia sucks, but it can be overcome. Some people have success with Benadryl.

Thinking of you.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi MemphisBlues,

Thank you for your response.

If I could just get past the 0-2 hours of sleep per night. I have tried everything including Seroquel and nothing seems to work. I fall asleep okay, but wake after an hour or two and cant get back to sleep.

I think the worst of my symptoms are from exhaustion, If I could just sleep. I wish I could find something to help. I am so desperate. I don't know how so many people make it through the other end without starting again, this is just so hellish.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

(((Tinkerbell))) - I don't function very well with no sleep, and it puts me into depression, which is not a good place for me. I worked with my dr., who knew ALL about my history, everything I had abused. I honestly didn't have the insomnia until something happened that gave me PTSD, and after trying different things, my dr. and I worked out something that works for me.

Different people react to meds differently, but I think visiting your dr. would be a good step.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-03-2011, 02:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Impurrfect,

Yes sleep has definately been the worst for me, I feel like I'm going nuts in the early morning and afternoon...

Did your doctor put you on a medication to help? If so may I ask what?

I will be going to see a psychopharmacologist tomorrow. So I am hoping something good will happen.

Thank you