Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Substance Abuse
Reload this Page >

Possibly Heroin??? What kind of drug could friend be taking

Notices

Old 10-22-2011, 04:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It comes in powder form in a tiny piece of paper, usually lottery paper. The powder is put in a spoon along with a tiny bit of water. Then he uses a lighter to make the powder dissolve in water. There's like a very tiny piece of coffee filter in it that he uses a syringe to mix it then injects it in his arm or wrist area. What drug could this be? I asked him and he told me morphine. Although, I asked him if he did heroin and he told me yes.

A lot of time after he injects it, shortly after he vomits.

Secondly, how much trouble can I get into if a cop stops me and the cop sees him injecting or has the drug on him. I don't do drugs. Sometimes, he'll do it in the car during daylight which makes me mad.
Old 10-22-2011, 05:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Yes, it could be heroin, and yes, you could get into trouble too if a police officer finds him with it in your car. Sarah, why do you hang around so many drug addicts?? Nothing good can come of it, you know.
Old 10-22-2011, 05:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SarahBear View Post
It comes in powder form in a tiny piece of paper, usually lottery paper. The powder is put in a spoon along with a tiny bit of water. Then he uses a lighter to make the powder dissolve in water. There's like a very tiny piece of coffee filter in it that he uses a syringe to mix it then injects it in his arm or wrist area. What drug could this be? I asked him and he told me morphine. Although, I asked him if he did heroin and he told me yes.

A lot of time after he injects it, shortly after he vomits.

Secondly, how much trouble can I get into if a cop stops me and the cop sees him injecting or has the drug on him. I don't do drugs. Sometimes, he'll do it in the car during daylight which makes me mad.
Yes, you can be in SERIOUS TROUBLE!!!!!! Law enforcement can charge you with several things:
1. accessory to narcotics
2. if you are driving - Possession of narcotics
3. If enough of the drug, Possession with intent to distribute

Drug laws vary from state to state so varying states can and will have other charges to compound any of the above. The charges listed above all cary a felony that will last on your record for the rest of your life.
I know a little about this because I am former military and public law enforcement.
I've never used illegally (only by prescription). THe biggest reason being that I know what happens to people who get caught with this. You DO NOT have to be holding to be charged either - despite what anyone tells you.
So, now that you know this - DO NOT be anywhere around this person when he's using!!!!! You future is not worth it! I've been involved on busts in the past where innocent (in my view) were charged, prosecuted, fined, and jailed. After that's done, they have felony convictions that follow them for the rest of their lives.
The best advice I can give you is to try get your friend help- Ask him. If he flat out refuses... RUN!
You have to understand that junkies DO NOT want your help. THe demon is too strong. For some, they die, for others they have to hit rock bottom before they want help.
Heroin is the biggest demon out there!

You need to understand something right now. If your friend refuses help, you need to distance yourself from him. However, he needs to know that help is available. DO NOT sacrifice yourself for him if he does not want help. If this was a spouse, family member, child - different story perhaps.
I've known many women through my law enforcement days that refuse to give up on their drug using boy friends and NOTHING (NOTHING!!!!!!!) ever good comes out of it. Just heartache, wasted time, abuse, and poverty.

The only way you can help is if he wants help. You can't save him no matter what your best intensions are! If he does want help, there are thousands of professionals out there to help. Leave this to medical professionals! You go on with your life.

Butterflies are only there for those who admire them.
Old 10-22-2011, 05:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ivan is 100% correct. Dump this guy ASAP.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
FT

SarahBear,

Are your posts for real? I'm with suki -- you come here with these questions about exposing yourself to dangerous people, and then you wonder what KIND of drugs they are using? WTF? Hey, girl. What the HELL are you thinking, if you are for real. It really does come off as some big job that someone who sounds as intelligent as you do would make such bad choices of friends.

FT