Notices

Sad!!!

Old 10-09-2011, 05:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sad!!!

I am extremely depressed. I have no friends. No one calls me. Even my boyfriend of 3 months contacts me less, got a job and seeing his kids all the time. I feel like i was de-prioritized. It hurts. I don't know what to do. I feel hopeless, helpless, and I feel myself falling into a serious depression again. Things were looking up for a while. I've even gotten a good job. Then I started quitting smoking and drinking, eating carbs, trying to lose weight. I just don't know what to do. I feel like my boyfriend will break up with me anytime. All I do is work. The only person who wants to hang out with me is 35 years older than me and going through serious depression. I'm so tired of feeling like this.
Old 10-09-2011, 06:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Listen ur doing the right thing stay focused being sober is not an easy task just try to stay strong friend come and go but real friends never leave
Old 10-12-2011, 09:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It's very, very important to find a good psychiatrist who can advise you on anti-depressants. I've been dealing with major depression most of my life. I understand completely how you feel (I call it "depression think"), a black hole where there seems to be no hope. I've been fine for years now; I'll be taking anti-depressants for the rest of my life but it sure beats the alternative.

You CAN get out of this terrible place. I did.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Depression, anxiety can be caused by a
chemical imbalance in ur body. We put
our bodies thru so much with drugs,
alcohol, stress, fears, etc.

I worked on learning to stay sober
and seeked help for my chemical imbalnce.

Now i can enjoy the rewards granted
to us in recovery as stated in our Big
Book of AA.

Today with clear vision and a balanced
inner body system i am happier and freer
in recovery than I have ever been in my
life.

Recovery is to be enjoyed to the upmost.

The ultimate gift of sobriety. Happiness.

We deserve to be happy and nothing less.
Old 10-15-2011, 10:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Want to form an alliance? :.)

gnly, I have a pretty good idea of what you're experiencing.

For me, it manifests similarly to the feeling you get when you're at home believing that everyone outside your house is having fun in a way that never ends. What I mean by this is that it's like "another reality" exists in which you're supposed to exist, but for some reason, "you were birthed into this one..."

About right?

It gets like this for me when I go through a break-up and or learn about the ex moving on with someone else. It also gets like this for me when it's like Friday or Saturday night (especially when special stuff is happening; right now, for example, my college is having its homecoming--I could care less about any of it really, but mostly because I'm single).

Being completely down-to-earth here, I don't really have any answers for you. You can do what everyone else will always tell you to do and go be active with something (i.e. - walk, run, work-out, arts and crafts, read a book, etc., etc...) But it's been my experience that despite the act of keeping your mind preoccupied with *stuff*, your mind will still be preoccupied with *stuff*. Understand?

And yeah, you can do the psychotherapy thing. It does help to have someone to vent to, but just ensure that it's someone who actually tries to help (versus someone who claims you're just having some pity-party). But remember that what you're going through is actually quite normal, so don't let anyone make you think or feel like "something is wrong with you."

I've actually been going through a similar situation (ex aside). It's been about 1 week now since I've heard from the closest person in my family--my grandmother--and I always feel I'd never hear from her if I didn't call her. It's a shame and disappointment, really, because she's the closest person to me in my family. Everyone else I say to hell with because of things I don't feel like going into detail about.

So yeah, I'm not sure what to tell you other than just start trying to create your own world with those people barred from it. That's what I'm trying to do. I've also noticed, too, that when I begin making plans for the future that it helps me feel better about things. Yes, I'm speaking about small things like times with friends or attending events, but I'm mostly referring to things pertaining to long-term goals / missions, like education, career stuff, starting my own business, etc. These things sometimes help me feel better about stuff more than anything.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Then I started quitting smoking and drinking, eating carbs, trying to lose weight.
I can't think of a better way to sabotage yourself than trying to change three things at once. One addiction at a time .... I suggest tackling alcohol first and with support. AA saved my life and helped me stay sober. A good doctor and medication kept me from killing myself.