Notices

Grateful for these two weeks...

Old 10-06-2011, 12:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
dude in recovery

Grateful for these two weeks...

and many more to come.

Something inside has changed, I am having 'nearly' zero urges to get drunk or to even have that 'just one' beer. I have been staying busy, but even when I sit down to watch sports or a movie I feel calm.

I checked my blood pressure just earlier and it was 138/81 which is a good improvement for me (from 3 months back) and my resting heart rate is down from 105 to 83.

This week I have been able to overcome some anxiety, I got up in our attic, I made a map of the electrical circuits in the house and for the breaker box outside. The house was built in the mid 1950s and much of the original wiring still remains, one overloaded 15amp circuit powered the living room plus two bedrooms. I took a couple of days to 'think it through', bought the few supplies I needed and went to work on it (Very grateful for the awesome weather we've been having, helps when working in an attic). I hit some rough points and got angry, but I know very well 'a drink' (or thirty) would not make it all fall into place.
Now done, all three rooms are on their own circuits\breakers and the lights don't dim-out when something else gets flipped on.
Old 10-06-2011, 03:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

one of the benefits of stopping was normal BP too....i'm completely off of my meds now.

glad you were successful with the re-routing of the wiring...you could not have done this if you were drinking.
Old 10-06-2011, 03:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Awesome, Scolova!
Old 10-07-2011, 08:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Good for you...
Old 10-08-2011, 09:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Congrats on your two weeks Just think if you accomplished all that electrical work in such a short amount of time just think what you can accomplish in the next few months?

Glad you found SR, this place is awesome.I hope you find as much peace & happiness as many of us have?

Peace & blessings on your new journey
Old 10-10-2011, 09:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
dude in recovery

Thank you all.
I'm still sober, grateful and feeling well.
Checked my blood pressure again and now at 123/83 and resting heart rate of 75. That's the lowest they have been in 15 years and am completely amazed by that.

Best (sober) wishes for everyone.