Notices

Pat's Insomniac P.A.W.S. Mix

Old 10-03-2011, 01:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Pat's Insomniac P.A.W.S. Mix

Hi all, it is now 4:19 am and I am obviously going through yet another sleepless night. My latest thing to keep my mind occupied is finding some interesting music on you tube that I have loved over the years and I put together my own P.A.W.S. mix. Thought I would share for any other night owls out there with time to kill…I am not sure I was able to get the link function to work here (still learning my way around but if you copy and paste you should be able to access).

(Note of warning – if you like pop music this may not be very interesting to you...)

So here goes:

I found this great Scottish tribal band named Albannach – this is a clip from them at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival – very lively if you like drums and bagpipes:

Albannach - Edinburgh Festival Fringe - YouTube

Next is one of my favorite instrumentals of all time from a French duo by the name of AIR – I first heard this tune “La Femme d’ Argent” on the “Echoes” program on PBS and it took me awhile to hunt down. An excellent tune:

Air - La Femme D'Argent - YouTube

The next is a neat instrumental from Genesis (post Peter Gabriel) named "The Brazilian – great instrumental:

Genesis - The Brazilian - YouTube

Here is another neat little instrumental by Cake – Arco Arena – short but very cool…

Arco Arena - YouTube

Next, one of my all time favorites from Crimson King, “In the Court of the Crimson King.” The music is set to some interesting but dark art:

Court of the crimson king - YouTube

Here is one of my favorite all time tunes, I Mother Earth's "So Gently we go."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHam9nYws3A&feature=autoplay&list=FLAzcaVW Dn0_d-ZX19ZSKqxQ&playnext=1

And last one for the night is a clip from an action flick that shows Anthony Michael Hall (Dexter) doing a great little song and dance number from a recent movie named Gamer (warning - there is some gratuitous violence in this clip so if that isn‘t your thing then please skip but it is a wee bit of dark humor which for some reason keeps me grounded…

Gamer - Michael C. Hall Dance Scene [Best Quality] - YouTube

Hope this keeps some of you fellow insomniacs entertained…This is the only thing keeping me from climbing the walls right now…
Old 10-03-2011, 01:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Ps

Apologies for all the typos and poor grammatical issues such as missing parentheses, etc. My mind is still not firing on all cylinders...

Old 10-03-2011, 09:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Love Cake and King Crimson!
Old 10-03-2011, 11:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I've found Enigma at low volumes while trying to sleep or just relax to be soothing... music tastes very with everyone...
Old 10-03-2011, 02:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

oops - the last clip isn't Anthony Michael Hall...it is Michael C. Hall - my bad...

I claim sleepless nights for the fog brain...just wanted to make sure I have my facts straight...